The Student Room Group

Gcse art

Hi guys! I am here to explain how art has been going lately and how I could recieve tips for gcse art.

I am currently doing gcse art and I have typed, as well as do a lot of annotation, which is essay based with more than 3000 words contained. I didn’t copy and paste and I just have an analysation mind set. For artist research I wrote absolutely loads about my experiences during drawing their works which was all from my own thoughts and ideas and therefore her info about producing artworks and analyzing her work was also extremely long, and I am not exaggerating. My teacher had only just told me that examiners won’t read the amount of annotation that I do as they do not have time to do so, therefore these annotations were produced on the previous pages and I feel nervous that I’ll be marked down. This means that for example for the artist research page and other pages of art I have wrote masses amount and have gone past these pages as I wasn’t told that examiners wouldn’t read it due to its amount of quantity.

The previous pages I have done, do I have to start again? Would you suggest so?
Would I get marked down if I don’t start again and reduce the amount of annotations in my previous pages?
For the artist research page I have done would I even get marked down for any annotation, meaning would they consider that I basically have done nothing as I have been told examiners won’t read it?
Overall would I get a low mark due to this? Would this affect my grade?

I am feeling really nervous about this; Someone help me please, I would be much appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by Sharminkhan02
Hi guys! I am here to explain how art has been going lately and how I could recieve tips for gcse art.

I am currently doing gcse art and I have typed, as well as do a lot of annotation, which is essay based with more than 3000 words contained. I didn’t copy and paste and I just have an analysation mind set. For artist research I wrote absolutely loads about my experiences during drawing their works which was all from my own thoughts and ideas and therefore her info about producing artworks and analyzing her work was also extremely long, and I am not exaggerating. My teacher had only just told me that examiners won’t read the amount of annotation that I do as they do not have time to do so, therefore these annotations were produced on the previous pages and I feel nervous that I’ll be marked down. This means that for example for the artist research page and other pages of art I have wrote masses amount and have gone past these pages as I wasn’t told that examiners wouldn’t read it due to its amount of quantity.

The previous pages I have done, do I have to start again? Would you suggest so?
Would I get marked down if I don’t start again and reduce the amount of annotations in my previous pages?
For the artist research page I have done would I even get marked down for any annotation, meaning would they consider that I basically have done nothing as I have been told examiners won’t read it?
Overall would I get a low mark due to this? Would this affect my grade?

I am feeling really nervous about this; Someone help me please, I would be much appreciated

I’m also doing art gcse and I’m predicted an A* but I’ve already reached my target in the mocks I just did. And tbh I don’t think you’ll get marked down because of the annotations or the artist research. You can redo that in your own time but just keep the artist research really short but creative and convert all your writing into mini drawing or something to express your point . But no most of the work is based on your ACTUAL art the writing portion is just to give the examiners an idea of what you’re going to be doing and why you chose or didn’t chose certain styles . I think you should talk to your teacher and discuss what you’re worried about
Original post by dixonsaa
I’m also doing art gcse and I’m predicted an A* but I’ve already reached my target in the mocks I just did. And tbh I don’t think you’ll get marked down because of the annotations or the artist research. You can redo that in your own time but just keep the artist research really short but creative and convert all your writing into mini drawing or something to express your point . But no most of the work is based on your ACTUAL art the writing portion is just to give the examiners an idea of what you’re going to be doing and why you chose or didn’t chose certain styles . I think you should talk to your teacher and discuss what you’re worried about

Thank you! But if my teacher has said that my annotations won’t be read because it’s too much, would they consider I have done no annotation?
Reply 3
Original post by Sharminkhan02
Thank you! But if my teacher has said that my annotations won’t be read because it’s too much, would they consider I have done no annotation?

no they will acknowledge that you have annotations but they won’t read through all of it to know what you’ve changed and what you haven’t changed about the artists style , this could affect how they see your work because they won’t know if you’ve added your own twist or if you’ve simply copied the artists style . But no they won’t assume you have no annotation because the proof is that you HAVE done the annotation .

Quick Reply

Latest