The Student Room Group

When is it acceptable to wear Christmas clothes?

Scroll to see replies

Advent is the time of preparation for Christmas, which I think starts on 2 December this year.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
The start of December, or to a Christmas market in November :biggrin:

Yes! I can't wait until we go to the Christmas market. Will probably buy Christmas clothes and/or accessories there :colone:
When you are in a grotto with a three year old on your knee.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Yes! I can't wait until we go to the Christmas market. Will probably buy Christmas clothes and/or accessories there :colone:

Neither can I! The Christmas market there is so good for stuff like that! It's my favourite, but it's also the only one I've been to :dontknow: Need to get myself a cosy jumper for it sharpish :mmm:
Original post by Paracosm
Not before Friday 15th December, 18h00 GMT +1/17:00 GMT

I like the use of some kind of superman reveal as it hits that time :lol:
Original post by shadowdweller
I like the use of some kind of superman reveal as it hits that time :lol:

Just rip off whatever was on and underneath you have the most fabulous jumper on. :laugh:
Christmas clothes may be worn throughout December. Christmas music may also be listened to throughout all of December. However, you can eat mince pies all year round.
1st December 00:01- 6th January 23:59
I'm normally singing Christmas songs throughout the year but for some reason, I don't really feel Christmassy this year. However, I think it's socially acceptable to wear Christmas clothing from the first of December. Any earlier is a bit desperate, in my opinion. If it's a Santa costume, then I'd only wear it on Christmas Day. I don't think there's harm in wearing them from 1st December onwards because December is the month of Christmas and shops/adverts start preparing earlier than that anyway. The people who said it's never acceptable to wear Christmas clothing are Scrooges (in my opinion). However, after about Boxing Day is when I think it's suitable to stop wearing Christmas clothing as that's when everyone's hyped for the new year. You wouldn't wear a Christmas jumper on New Year's Eve, for example.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Paracosm
Mid-December. No exceptions.

Yep
Late November.:yep: When they can be utilised effectively for warmth.:sadnod:

Original post by BurstingBubbles
:snowflake:
:mmm:
Start of December for me
The start of November thru January. This is out in public. Common wearing a Christmas sweatshirt or sweater in April you look out of place. People will give you weird looks. But it depends on how festive or Christmas said clothing item is. Now a Christmas/Holiday t-shirt can be worn year round theoretically.
Original post by snitsky999
The start of November thru January. This is out in public. Common wearing a Christmas sweatshirt or sweater in April you look out of place. People will give you weird looks. But it depends on how festive or Christmas said clothing item is. Now a Christmas/Holiday t-shirt can be worn year round theoretically.

I am so on board with this view :lol:
1st December

Quick Reply

Latest