The Student Room Group

Fine Art at Oxford

Ive applied to study fine art at oxford and Ive struggled to find any groups or threads about the application process, how people think they did for portfolios, waiting to hear back,or anything from past fine at students there so heres my attempt at someplace to discuss/talk about it.
Reply 1
Original post by Starlight22
Ive applied to study fine art at oxford and Ive struggled to find any groups or threads about the application process, how people think they did for portfolios, waiting to hear back,or anything from past fine at students there so heres my attempt at someplace to discuss/talk about it.

Hi, I've moved your thread to the University of Oxford forum. But left a redirect in the Art forum where you originally posted.

Hopefully some of the experts in here can help you :smile:

There's also the course thread here (but it's not very active :frown: )
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1565028
(edited 6 years ago)

I have also applied and had the same experience! Have you gotten any emails from your college since submitting the portfolio? What college did you apply for?
Original post by cyandanjou
I have also applied and had the same experience! Have you gotten any emails from your college since submitting the portfolio? What college did you apply for?

I haven't received any emails from my college, which was brasenose cause I had a momentary feeling of bravery before I sent off my application as originally it was going to be open. Could be because I handed my work in on the Nov 3rd so they haven't had much time to look over it. Have you heard anything back from your college and where did you apply?
I haven't received any emails from my college, which was brasenose cause I had a momentary feeling of bravery before I sent off my application as originally it was going to be open. Could be because I handed my work in on the Nov 3rd so they haven't had much time to look over it. Have you heard anything back from your college and where did you apply?

The only email I got was after I submitted my application from both Ruskin and my college (which is New College) confirming that they got it, and then I sent them one asking if they got my portfolio (since I'm international, from the US, I was super nervous it got lost or wasn't in on time) and they said they have it and I will hear from New College soon. So idk!!

I also applied to Slade, CSM, Chelsea, and Goldsmiths! You?
I can't seem to find it again, but for at least one college, one part of it was a drawing assessment where you responded to two out of five prompts.

As I recall one was drawing a skeleton in situ, one drawing the room from above, and another drawing in response to some passage of literature. I forget the other two.

No idea as to the content of the interviews otherwise though, and it's possible it will vary between colleges. However you should probably be prepared to draw something I guess :tongue:
Omgggggg I was just invited for interview!!! I am SO excited!
Omgggggg I was just invited for interview!!! I am SO excited!

I applied to slade, reading, loughborough, and norwich uni of arts. And I was also invited for an interview! congrats my dude !
Just wondering how did that interview go? Im preparing for mine now and really have no clue what to expect.
Reply 9
The only email I got was after I submitted my application from both Ruskin and my college (which is New College) confirming that they got it, and then I sent them one asking if they got my portfolio (since I'm international, from the US, I was super nervous it got lost or wasn't in on time) and they said they have it and I will hear from New College soon. So idk!!

hi! I have the exact same choice as you! which uni did u go in the end?
Original post by qfangx
hi! I have the exact same choice as you! which uni did u go in the end?

Hi :smile: have you heard anything from the college you applied to??
Reply 11
Original post by Oli-wise
Hi :smile: have you heard anything from the college you applied to??

ah yeah, but i didnt get in
Original post by qfangx
ah yeah, but i didnt get in

Oh, i’m sorry to hear that :frown: which college did you apply to?
Terminal Unemployment XD
I'm also struggling to find Art History people ahhh

Hey so did you do SAT test if yes which subject tests did you take also did you take an art Foundation course?
Original post by Hamna yasin
Hey so did you do SAT test if yes which subject tests did you take also did you take an art Foundation course?

I submitted my ACT score (which was a 35) and took Math 1 subject test + French subject test (both 700+ but not perfect), my offer was for 3 subject tests or AP test results of 700 or 5 respectively, and with my art AP scores I was able to meet that. I didn't take a foundation course, but have had a lot of outside art experience before applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending