The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by <3<3
I’m also bio! But in the morning. Quite shocking actually I’ve got an interview since I thought the admissions test went really badly. How did you find it?

I found it okay, but I did run out of time on the multiple choice and ended up guessing some. I did one chemistry question and one biology question for section 2 and they were both alright. I didn't answer all of the chemistry though
Are you a home student? And are you planning on staying overnight
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PuffyPenguin
I found it okay, but I did run out of time on the multiple choice and ended up guessing some. I did one chemistry question and one biology question for section 2 and they were both alright. I didn't answer all of the chemistry though
Are you a home student? And are you planning on staying overnight

Fair enough, I did both bio for section 2. Yes I’m from home but not planning to stay overnight☺️Are you?
Original post by Edian
Just the same. I've applied for Law and I'm waiting for something to hear from Fitz.

We are in the same boat. Good luck! :biggrin:
Got an interview for ASNaC at Churchill! So excited 🤗
Original post by asox
Anyone got anything from Emma? Apparently they started sending them out today

Also
Are they likely to send invites to interview over the weekend or should I stop refreshing my inbox until Monday?

I got my interview email friday at 8pm.
Reply 745
Has anyone heard if anyone's got an interview for history at Caius
Has anyone received and interview for Physical NatSci's at Jesus?

On the Jesus portal I have an option to confirm my attendance to an interview. However, I haven't been send a letter or emailed regarding an interview?
Original post by Fluffy_potatoes
Anyone applied to Corpus Christi? If so, have you heard anything back?

Finally someone else from Corpus!! I've applied and haven't heard anything yet, hoping they'll send them soon!
Original post by NobleMarshmallow
I got an interview for Engineering at Caius yesterday! Yay!

I read it as I got an interview for Edinburgh at Glasgow. Congrats!
Original post by littledino1011
Got an interview for ASNaC at Churchill! So excited 🤗

Congrats!!
Original post by <3<3
Fair enough, I did both bio for section 2. Yes I’m from home but not planning to stay overnight☺️Are you?

Probably not, hopefully will be able to get the train/drive in the morning. I live about 2 hours away so it should be fine. I do kind of want to stay just for the experience of it and to meet people in the evening.
Do you want to private message? :smile:
Original post by Andrew Dawson
Has anyone received and interview for Physical NatSci's at Jesus?

On the Jesus portal I have an option to confirm my attendance to an interview. However, I haven't been send a letter or emailed regarding an interview?

Same as you, no invite but still the option on the portal. I clicked it and received an email back confirming my attendance...
Original post by letap12
Same as you, no invite but still the option on the portal. I clicked it and received an email back confirming my attendance...

How did you click options for the overnight accommodation etc when you didn't know what day it would be?
Just to assure everyone who’s still waiting for interview invite, a large bulk of invites are usually sent just AFTER mid-November, so if you haven’t heard from your college yet now, that’s quite normal.
All colleges have only one full-time admission secretary and, with a help of very small number of admission people like admission tutor, school liaison officer, they have to organize literally hundreds of interviews with academic staff, with other commitments/work schedule, who will be in charge of actual interviews, so it’s a very complicated operation.

So please try to be patient.
I can assure you almost all of you will probably hear something hopefully around the middle of next week or by the end of the week.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
Just to assure everyone who’s still waiting for interview invite, a large bulk of invites are usually sent just AFTER mid-November, so if you haven’t heard from your college yet now, that’s quite normal.
All colleges have only one full-time admission secretary and, with a help of very small number of admission people like admission tutor, school liaison officer, they have to organize literally hundreds of interviews with academic staff, with other commitments/work schedulewho will be in charge of actual interviews, so it’s a very complicated operation.

So please try to be patient.
I can assure you all of you will probably hear something hopefully around the middle of next week or by the end of the week.

Do you have any idea when invitations will be given out for medicine? Thanks x
Original post by Barleykit
How did you click options for the overnight accommodation etc when you didn't know what day it would be?

I just clicked no to food and accommodation, I can always change it if they give me an invite to interview
Original post by janicealice
Do you have any idea when invitations will be given out for medicine? Thanks x

No.
And it’s not by subject.
All admission is responsibility of colleges, not departments. And every college has their own way of sorting out their communication with their applicants.
Please just be patient, please.
Reply 757
Original post by Shaanv
I got my interview email friday at 8pm.

Yeah I got mine at 9pm last night - thanks and congrats!
Reply 758
Yesterday received an invite to interview at Emmanuel for biological Natural Sciences
International application
Hope to see some of you there soon!
Original post by flota
Has anyone heard if anyone's got an interview for history at Caius

Nope, I've applied for History at Caius as well!
Good luck!:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending