The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Congrats everyone on getting your invitations! Best of luck!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Still haven't heard anything with regard to my application, what should I do?? I've applied for Chem Eng via Natural sciences and I sat the NSAA a couple of weeks ago
Original post by henphillips
Still haven't heard anything with regard to my application, what should I do?? I've applied for Chem Eng via Natural sciences and I sat the NSAA a couple of weeks ago

There’s nothing you should do but wait, I’m afraid.
Colleges are still sending out invites (and otherwise). Many are still waiting.
did anyone get a reply today? if so, on what date is your interview?
Original post by junhochoi13
Has anyone applying to engineering heard anything yet?

Yes, I got an interview invite 2 days ago for the 5th.
Reply 2045
@
Original post by Kaedra
Just got an interview from Johns for Phys NatSci!!!

I had just received this email from John’s titled “your interview at St John’s College”, but it doesn’t look like an invitation letter... May I ask how the invitation came to you?
Why does St john's have a general interview along with two subject interviews for Natsci? I thought all that matters for cambridge is how good you are at your subject and not other general stuff?

edit: it doesn't help that st john's is already known for exclusivity xD i don't buy into that kinda stuff though
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Student1256
Why does St john's have a general interview along with two subject interviews for Natsci? I thought all that matters for cambridge is how good you are at your subject and not other general stuff?

edit: it doesn't help that st john's is already known for exclusivity xD i don't buy into that kinda stuff though

It's still an academically focused interview. Often they schedule it before the subject interviews as a bit of a warm up. The subject interviews are more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
It's still an academically focused interview. Often they schedule it before the subject interviews as a bit of a warm up. The subject interviews are more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how is it academically focused? what could i expect?

In my cousin’s one, he was asked what he had read recently, then anytime he said something the interviewer would ask more questions off of that

"General academic interview

You may also have a general academic interview, where you may be asked:

to expand on the information you gave in your personal statement so keep a record of what you wrote

why you want to come to Cambridge, and why you're interested in your subject

about your wider academic work/interests and what you hope to do in the future as a career. However, don't worry if you haven't got any definite plans at this stage"

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/interviews/what-do-interviews-involve
Original post by Cened
@

I had just received this email from John’s titled “your interview at St John’s College”, but it doesn’t look like an invitation letter... May I ask how the invitation came to you?

I got an email similar to the one you describe which had my interview schedule in it.
Well done to everyone who has interviews! I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow... :redface:
Reply 2053
Has anyone heard for medicine?? They're so mia
Original post by Blos
Has anyone heard for medicine?? They're so mia

I agree! The wait is getting too long. So many other colleges have already responded!
Reply 2055
Original post by Kjha2028
I agree! The wait is getting too long. So many other colleges have already responded!

I knoww almost every other college have sent out their interviews or rejections.
is anyone being interviewed by dr lamacraft?
is anyone being interviewed by dr lamacraft?

I am :smile:
Original post by Kaedra
I am :smile:

ahh i didnt get him. oddly, i only have one physics interviewer haha
Medicine interview received this morning via e-mail at around 6am!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending