The Student Room Group

Filipino parents and dating

Are Filipino parents typically strict about their children (especially daughters) dating? Because I have Filipino friends who are boys that are my age and their parents allow them to. However, since I’m the eldest in my family and a girl my parents are really strict about it. I don’t know if it’s a Filipino thing or if it’s just my parents because I live in the UK.
Reply 1
I think it's mostly an Asian thing.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
I think it's mostly an Asian thing.

Yeah probably! 😂
Reply 3
It’s hard to describe what I’m feeling because I feel like no one else can relate to be honest
I'm so confused is it the Philippines or the filipines?
Original post by Anonymous
Are Filipino parents typically strict about their children (especially daughters) dating? Because I have Filipino friends who are boys that are my age and their parents allow them to. However, since I’m the eldest in my family and a girl my parents are really strict about it. I don’t know if it’s a Filipino thing or if it’s just my parents because I live in the UK.

Are you roman catholic?
Reply 6
Original post by TheRuralJuror
I'm so confused is it the Philippines or the filipines?

It’s the Philippines
Reply 7
Original post by ParkHyungSuk
Are you roman catholic?

Yeah
Original post by Anonymous
It’s the Philippines

then why is it Filipino?!
Reply 9
Original post by TheRuralJuror
then why is it Filipino?!

The country is the Philippines but the people are called Filipinos. It’s the same as the UK and Britons.
It's a strict parent thing lol. I'm Filipino and my parents are super strict about me dating. I've been together w my bf for 3 years now tho but they limit alot of our time together which sucks. they still think I shouldn't have one. I'm the eldest too so I guess they havnt gotten experience dealing with it lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending