The Student Room Group

Met Office Summer Internship 2018

I applied for the met office internship to do international relations this summer. Wondering if anyone else has and has heard back yet? Or anyone has applied in the past how long did it take for you and what was the procedure like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovenlive
I applied for the met office internship to do international relations this summer. Wondering if anyone else has and has heard back yet? Or anyone has applied in the past how long did it take for you and what was the procedure like?

When did you apply and what timelines have they give you. If it's been more than 2 weeks since the deadline email and ask.
Reply 2
I applied just after Christmas, before the new year. Don't think I got given a timeline
Original post by lovenlive
I applied just after Christmas, before the new year. Don't think I got given a timeline

And when was the deadline? They may be waiting for it to pass but if it's been more than 2 weeks since the deadline as I said above then email and ask.
Hey lovenlife I've also applied, but for one of the government services positions. They said on the online application that they wanted to do interviews in January so I'm a bit surprised that I've not heard back yet - my application still says 'in process
Reply 5
Has anyone heard back?
I applied for the legal placement, haven't heard anything yet
I emailed the HR recruitment team to chase them up on it. Apparently they've reached their decisions on quite a few of the placements so I'm presuming that they'll be emailing people outcomes within the next few days!
Reply 8
Yeah mine still says in progress. Do you think we'll hear back from them regardless of the outcome?
I've just logged into my account and I have been invited for a telephone interview. Is anybody else's showing this? :smile:
Reply 10
Is it just on there or did you get an email too? I keep thinking I'm logging in to the wrong area. If I type in candidate login on google the page won't accept my details. The only one that does was the original email asking me to activate my account
I didn't get an email about it, but apparently I was invited on the 26th...
I had to find the email confirmation of my username and password to get to the login site, it's a little awkward in terms of design.
Reply 12
Hopefully they're still letting people know. The only thing that's changed is that a meeting option has come up with nothing there. It's just a drop down menu
Reply 13
I emailed and got a reply saying that even though they wanted to do interviews in January, they're still in the process of replying to people
Reply 14
Hey,
I applied beginning of December and received an invite for telephone interview about two weeks ago and had the interview on Monday. Hope that’s some help and best of luck!
Original post by KLM97
Hey,
I applied beginning of December and received an invite for telephone interview about two weeks ago and had the interview on Monday. Hope that’s some help and best of luck!

Any advice for the interview? :smile:
Original post by KLM97
Hey,

What placement did you apply for?
Reply 17
Original post by Popsbr123
Any advice for the interview? :smile:

It was quite informal but included some rather role specific questions so would just make sure you do some preparation beforehand. Good luck!
Reply 18
Original post by Caramell
What placement did you apply for?

The observations and quality management role. What about yourself?
Reply 19
Original post by RossH97
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I got offered the placement this morning.

Hi there,
Which placement is that for? Best of luck hope all goes well for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending