The Student Room Group

Trotskyist Thugs attack JRM at university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
Probably because right wing people refuse to engage in debate with left wing people and would rather just call them cucks on the interweb.

Do they refuse to debate? What’s the evidence of that?

The reason they don’t carry out this behaviour at left wing meetings is because the right are capable of debate and don’t resort to shouting, no platforming and virtue signalling.
Original post by Moosferatu
That was my whole point, we seem to be in some agreement. As I said wearing masks never helped their case, merely that you can't accuse them of violence or being militant Trotskyists as is lazily spat out by some individuals. They were people with a chip on their shoulder going about their grievances in the wrong way, not some internationalist Soviet plot as the OP portrays it.

That's a sweeping generalisation reinforced by wishful thinking and you know it is. You're telling me there is no one on the right of the political spectrum who behaves like a thug?

I suppose smear tactics, death threats, etc. are exclusively a left-wing phenomena?

I haven’t said anything about the OP, I’ve commented only on no platforming and their dress attire.

As for it being the sole left wing phenomenon, no but it largely is.
Reply 162
Original post by paul514
Do they refuse to debate? What’s the evidence of that?

That all they seem to be able to do is start stomping their feet, swearing and screaming enemies of the people.

The reason they don’t carry out this behaviour at left wing meetings is because the right are capable of debate and don’t resort to shouting, no platforming and virtue signalling.

Aside from the fact this is patently untrue i'll humour you by calling them a bunch of cowards who can only express their views on twitter etc.

On a slightly more serious note we probably should address the fact you entire premise is, with all due respect, nothing but a filthy spurious lie made up by the hard right because they cant do anything but belittle those they dont like. You cant surmise an entire wing of political ideology by a couple of people calling that MP a prick [which in fairness he is]. If you want 'the left' to debate people you should probably try and figure out who the left are as i'm fairly sure there are more than 2 or so left wing people in this country.
Original post by Napp
Aside from the fact this is patently untrue i'll humour you by calling them a bunch of cowards who can only express their views on twitter etc.

On a slightly more serious note we probably should address the fact you entire premise is, with all due respect, nothing but a filthy spurious lie made up by the hard right because they cant do anything but belittle those they dont like. You cant surmise an entire wing of political ideology by a couple of people calling that MP a prick [which in fairness he is]. If you want 'the left' to debate people you should probably try and figure out who the left are as i'm fairly sure there are more than 2 or so left wing people in this country.

So no evidence
Reply 164
Original post by paul514
So no evidence

Lots.
Original post by Napp
Lots.

Share away then
Reply 166
Original post by paul514
Share away then

Why? you already know it. I'm using exactly the same proof you have that the left 'refuse to debate'.
Original post by Napp
Why? you already know it. I'm using exactly the same proof you have that the left 'refuse to debate'.

The lefts no platforming, and banning of ‘stuff’ is well documented and there’s no need for me to quote it, we have all seen it on here on a weekly basis.

Where’s your proof?
Reply 168
Original post by paul514
The lefts no platforming, and banning of ‘stuff’ is well documented and there’s no need for me to quote it, we have all seen it on here on a weekly basis.

Where’s your proof?

A handful of people kicking up a fuss does not proof make.
Driving cars into people instead of talking to them for a start.
Original post by Napp
A handful of people kicking up a fuss does not proof make.
Driving cars into people instead of talking to them for a start.

Err what we’re talking about things like no platforming, banning news papers etc....

Have you forgotten the original claim?
Reply 170
Original post by paul514
Err what we’re talking about things like no platforming, banning news papers etc....

Have you forgotten the original claim?

Advocated by a tiny minority, not the whole. At any rate I can think of worse things than banning a conspiracy theorist fossil like Mogg and that grotty rag the DM from places. to make it equal though you lot are more than welcome to try and ban who and what you like :smile:
Your claim, my claim or the OPs claim?
Original post by Napp
Advocated by a tiny minority, not the whole. At any rate I can think of worse things than banning a conspiracy theorist fossil like Mogg and that grotty rag the DM from places. to make it equal though you lot are more than welcome to try and ban who and what you like :smile:
Your claim, my claim or the OPs claim?

You claim was that the right refuse to debate which you said you have proof of.
Reply 172
Original post by paul514
You claim was that the right refuse to debate which you said you have proof of.

Oh right, yes the same proof that you have - none.
Original post by Napp
Oh right, yes the same proof that you have - none.

I’ve mentioned that the left wing use things like no platforming and banning all sorts of things to stop debate. It’s incredibly well documented.

You said you had proof the right don’t debate, stop dancing on the head of a pin and show us
Reply 174
Original post by paul514
I’ve mentioned that the left wing use things like no platforming and banning all sorts of things to stop debate. It’s incredibly well documented.

You said you had proof the right don’t debate, stop dancing on the head of a pin and show us

Again, using a handful of people as proof positive of the left at large is not just dishonest it is moronic.

I have told you, I am using the same proof you are using!
Original post by Napp
Again, using a handful of people as proof positive of the left at large is not just dishonest it is moronic.

I have told you, I am using the same proof you are using!

Alright people reading can judge for themselves.
Original post by paul514
I haven’t said anything about the OP, I’ve commented only on no platforming and their dress attire.

As for it being the sole left wing phenomenon, no but it largely is.

Broadly speaking I accept your points.

However I totally disagree on it being a 'solely left wing phenomenon'. As one example most of the elected Conservative MPs who in your eyes behave with decorum spend most of their time in the Commons howling like hyenas when members of the Opposition front-bench are trying to make legitimate points. Not very professional to their constituents if you ask me. Example: The recent "banter budget". As you say, they should meet them with strong arguments backed by cold hard facts.

And that's before we get onto Britain First and sympathisers... Remember, Mogg's friend threw the first punch because he was furious about the dissent. It's blatantly obvious on the video.

I personally have had enough of right wing thugs and bully boys trying to dictate the agenda of modern politics.
(edited 6 years ago)
Come off it, the far-left would round any dissenters up and gulag them if only they could. The campaign to ban the Mail from places and the harassing of people advertising on it, the smothering of any different ideas with the blanket of emotionally charged -isms (question the model of the NHS and all you want is for everyone to die, question immigration levels and you're nothing but a racist), the far-left are fascists and intolerant little Hitlers like nobody else. The only democracy they can live with is one that puts them in power, otherwise everything is game. Electoral fraud is there to resort to when 'the people' make the wrong choices, that's the way their minds work.

We only see lefties protesting against the results of democratic elections, right? Foaming at the mouth, quite often.
Original post by zhog
Come off it, the far-left would round any dissenters up and gulag them if only they could. The campaign to ban the Mail from places and the harassing of people advertising on it, the smothering of any different ideas with the blanket of emotionally charged -isms (question the model of the NHS and all you want is for everyone to die, question immigration levels and you're nothing but a racist), the far-left are fascists and intolerant little Hitlers like nobody else. The only democracy they can live with is one that puts them in power, otherwise everything is game. Electoral fraud is there to resort to when 'the people' make the wrong choices, that's the way their minds work.

We only see lefties protesting against the results of democratic elections, right? Foaming at the mouth, quite often.

To suggest political extremism exists only on one side is idiotic.

I wonder what kind of sheltered life you must live to miss the growing influence of Neo-Nazism and hate politics across Europe.

After this protest Twitter was awash with Neo-Nazi thugs appearing to be planning on tracking these protestors down to their address and beating them up.

The Cold War is over, the Soviet Union isn't coming back.

I really wonder what you have been reading to give you these thoughts.
Original post by Moosferatu
To suggest political extremism exists only on one side is idiotic.

I wonder what kind of sheltered life you must live to miss the growing influence of Neo-Nazism and hate politics across Europe.

After this protest Twitter was awash with Neo-Nazi thugs appearing to be planning on tracking these protestors down to their address and beating them up.

The Cold War is over, the Soviet Union isn't coming back.

I really wonder what you have been reading to give you these thoughts.

Waffle as much as you like, doesn't change the real world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending