The Student Room Group

What grade do you think I should get for this paper?

So I am aware that we're students and not professors, but I felt very confident writing this paper and was given no feedback on it. I'm unable to speak to the marker because I don't know who it is- I'm on a large course.

Would someone help me figure out why I got a 37 (fail) on it? It's my favourite subject and I am quite shocked by it. I just want to know how I can do better. I got 2:1s on every other paper I've done and this was the subject I felt most confident about.

The question is:

Discuss how novelists consider the notion of the ‘gentleman’.

Contact the course administrator, find out who marked it and ask for feedback.
Original post by nuttyniamh123
So I am aware that we're students and not professors, but I felt very confident writing this paper and was given no feedback on it. I'm unable to speak to the marker because I don't know who it is- I'm on a large course.

Would someone help me figure out why I got a 37 (fail) on it? It's my favourite subject and I am quite shocked by it. I just want to know how I can do better. I got 2:1s on every other paper I've done and this was the subject I felt most confident about.

The question is:

Discuss how novelists consider the notion of the ‘gentleman’.

As another poster said, ask your course administrator who marked it, and then ask them for specific feedback. I am surprised that they gave you no feedback at all, given that you didn't pass.

It will be hard for us to give you specific feedback when we have no knowledge of the marking criteria or learning objectives of the module that the marker would have used.
Apologies from having no experience with university, currently in sixth form, however having entered Cambridge essay competitions, perhaps you should improve your bibliography, there should atleast be 20+ references, in alphabetical order. Through this, number the references and add these numbers at the end of an idea which incoperated influence from the piece of literature you've used. Idk how univesity essays work, but perhaps layout is important too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending