The Student Room Group

Grade 9 Question?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ginpo
Woah Man you are amazing for a y11 to be creating questions like this!

It is a pleasure 🙂
Reply 21
No problem please do make more of these questions though these look very interesting and thought provoking!
Original post by Ginpo
No problem please do make more of these questions though these look very interesting and thought provoking!

Hopefully within the next week or so I can submit my entire paper for people to have a go at
Reply 23
the boundaries for a 9 in that one would be like 30 percent i can imagine!
Original post by Ginpo
the boundaries for a 9 in that one would be like 30 percent i can imagine!

I shall take that as a compliment 🙂
Need help. I do not know what to do for this question .

84C9EC62-5555-4B97-A24C-403E1D2FA955.jpg.jpeg
Original post by AverageHuman
Need help. I do not know what to do for this question .

84C9EC62-5555-4B97-A24C-403E1D2FA955.jpg.jpeg

So we can use the fact that they are both similar triangles which means we can work out the scale factor of their lengths. We know that 7+9 is 16 so the ratio of their areas will be 7/16 to 9/16. If we square root 9/16 this gives us a side length of 3/4 for the base of the triangle (not including the trapezium). Now we know their is a length of 4 from then origin to the last point on the triangle (-4,0) which can also be written as

Spoiler

. And we know the length 3/4 is just 3/4 of the entire base of the whole triangle so we can work out 3/4 of the length. Can you take it from there?
nice question
I'm in y13 and found that bit difficult. This question would make most y11s cry.
harder than the usual grade 9 questions around
Original post by rexs2000
nice question
I'm in y13 and found that bit difficult. This question would make most y11s cry.
harder than the usual grade 9 questions around

Appreciate the feedback mate

Quick Reply

Latest