The Student Room Group

Stephen Fry on TSR!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Chemical engineering or computational maths or ??? Do you think a joint degree has same importance?
For scones, do you have cream then jam or jam then cream?
Thoughts on the UK education system, GCSEs and A-levels? Any changes you would make?
Hi, I am a massive 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie' fan, so is my little brother. My favourite characters are Tony Merchesson and Control, my brother's favourite are the Damn Businessmen, I was wondering do you have a favourite character or sketch?

Lucy and Zach
What kind of mental health is most common in teens and how can we prevent it?
Original post by Soroh Smith
What kind of mental health is most common in teens and how can we prevent it?

Anxiety and depression.
Original post by quasa
First of all Stephen, welcome to TSR and am a massive fan of your work in Blackadder (Duke of Wellington / General Melchett FTW) + Jeeves and Wooster (I may be in my 20s but appreciate 80s humour).

I have no idea if there is a question limit for this thing (I am aware this sentence can be perceived as a question but I am using it as a semi-rhetorical question) but Ill ask my 2 questions anyway:

As a fellow techie, do you feel that Apple is deliberately restricting features on their products in order to drive up aftermarket accesory sales?

and how do you see technology progressing in the next 5 years and its impact on daily lives?

I love Jeeves and Wooster! Blackadder is great too! 😄
Reply 127
What is your favourite thing that you have done in the past?
Original post by Danny Dorito
Comedian, actor, writer, presenter, and activist Stephen Fry will be answering your questions as part of TSR teaming up with Sport Relief.

This year TSR has joined forces with Sport Relief to help tackle mental health with the campaigns "Whatever moves you" and "#WalkingForWellness". As someone who continues to fight the stigma around mental health Stephen Fry is keen to speak to you guys and share some of his pearls of wisdom.

Whether it's what is his favourite QI fact or what does he think can be done to support young people struggling with their mental health, submit your questions and Stephen will be answering your questions via video!

Welcome to the Student Room Stephen!

Questions:
What role do you think Social Media has on mental health?
Do you have any experiences with Social Media affecting your mental health?
What can we do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks Stephen,

Ryan - Graduate Assistant
Do you still remain a fervent supporter of the Labour Party in Britain, Stephen? What is your overall opinion of the party, at present? Do you believe it will ever be possible for them to gain office again? How might this be accomplished, in your view?
Stephen Fry, I'm an aspiring actor and have recently got a role in a production, which I'm so happy about. Whats your advice on making a career out of acting?
Reply 131
How are you?
Hi Stephen,

What's happened with the remake of The Dambusters that you were/are involved with?
Is this still going to happen given Stephen’s surgerys?

If so what did he think if John Cleese asking everyone to pray for him :teehee:
(edited 6 years ago)
Stephen Fry- do you still get Rob Brydon and Ben Miller mixed up?
Still waiting...
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Still waiting...

Patience.

BTW: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43171297

Ah.

Looks like he's gonna have a mountain of questions to read when he recovers
When did you last, if ever, visit Nanny Riseborough's grave and spend a gentle moment contemplating the life of service she led?
Stephen's video reply is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5226346

I'm going to close this thread now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest