The Student Room Group

I got my first car is it any good?

Scroll to see replies

fittt
A pretty stupid first buy for any first time owner, but since you're loaded, a man's gotta flex.
sponsors bye Mommy and Daddy funds.
Original post by Koolman511
sponsors bye Mommy and Daddy funds.

Hey don't hate the player, hate the game.
Reply 84
Nice car. Probably one of the best handling modern hatchbacks you'll get. Enjoy the RWD.

Original post by Emma:-)
I wouldnt have a bmw as a first car, id have something more normal.
But whatever floats your boat i suppose.

What isn't normal about a BMW?
Original post by FXX
Nice car. Probably one of the best handling modern hatchbacks you'll get. Enjoy the RWD.

What isn't normal about a BMW?

Most people dont have one as a first car though do they
Original post by Jack210
I'm 17 have recently got a 2016 BMW 116D M Sport for my first car, is it any good for a first car? The insurance quote that i have got on it with a black box is £1800. I have my driving test soon so hopefully i'll be able to drive soon.

c23bc47c-86c5-4d2f-a2d8-d4d72c0c2a4c.JPG
Attachment not found

Yeah seems decent. How much was the car?
Reply 87
Original post by MKaur18
Yeah seems decent. How much was the car?

i think it was £13000
insurance company? asking for a friend
Original post by Jack210
i think it was £13000

are you a drug dealer jack?
Reply 90
Original post by ax7fold
insurance company? asking for a friend

I used moneysupermarket to compare quotes and i believe the cheapest quote was from tesco
Reply 91
Original post by Hi_YouAlright?
are you a drug dealer jack?

No lol
how is it so fkin cheap ur insurance ive been looking at so many differnet cars, really **** ones too and they are like ffin 3 grand plus
Reply 93
Original post by ax7fold
how is it so fkin cheap ur insurance ive been looking at so many differnet cars, really **** ones too and they are like ffin 3 grand plus

Have you tried getting a quote as a additional driver on one of your parents policy?
Original post by Jack210
Have you tried getting a quote as a additional driver on one of your parents policy?

u sir are a genius
Original post by Jack210
i think it was £13000

That's mad expensive for a first car, let alone a 17 year old. But fair enough.
Reply 96
Original post by Jack210

This is fraud if you're the main driver of the car - bear that in mind.
Original post by Jack210

After several pages of us telling you that fronting is illegal and a one way trip to cancelled insurance, potentially 6 points on your license and more, I'm astounded you would recommend this.
Original post by nevershear
After several pages of us telling you that fronting is illegal and a one way trip to cancelled insurance, potentially 6 points on your license and more, I'm astounded you would recommend this.

Perhaps he doesn't quite understand the consequences of what he's recommending
Reply 99
Original post by nevershear

What are you talking about? You said to me being a additional driver and the main driver is fraud, i'm not telling him to do this. What is wrong with being a additional driver on e.g. my mother's policy? She will still be the main driver and i'll be a additional driver.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending