The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protostar
10:00pm - Session begins

I’m too knackered to do maths; I’m done for the day. Did about 4 hours today so it’s all good 👍
Reply 161
Original post by EmilySarah00
If you say so! :tongue: And I have no choice but to try go get those grades! Maths and FM are going okay-ish, worse than this time last year though, my FM mock was a bit of a trainwreck but life goes on! And nope, joint honours are definitely a thing, I've applied to a joint honours at every university actually, most of them call it 'Maths and Computer Science' however Durham decided to be difficult and hide the joint honours I wanted to do within thier NatSci course! Not realising joint honours exist is definitely an easy mistake to make though, they're not as common, plus people say you end up doing more work than a single honours student even though theoretically you shouldn't have to.

I agree with the theory aspect of things, that's what puts me off CompSci as well, hence the joint honours with Maths, means I get to do more Maths and practical stuff than the sometimes rather dull CompSci theory which is always a bonus!

Engineering degrees definitely open lots of doors though so would be a great choice. :yep:

It’s good that you’re doing better this time. :smile: Yeah I never knew you could do a joint honours by choosing NatSci. I also heard that, even though they’re supposed to be balanced out which should mean you should have equal amount of work as anyone else.

I agree, that’s why Maths and CompSci is a good joint honours and complements each subject like Maths and Physics. Engineering is ok I guess, if I were to choose one it would be EEE since that looks quite interesting. Then again, Maths and Physics is good as well. :smile:
Original post by Black Water
It’s good that you’re doing better this time. :smile: Yeah I never knew you could do a joint honours by choosing NatSci. I also heard that, even though they’re supposed to be balanced out which should mean you should have equal amount of work as anyone else.

I agree, that’s why Maths and CompSci is a good joint honours and complements each subject like Maths and Physics. Engineering is ok I guess, if I were to choose one it would be EEE since that looks quite interesting. Then again, Maths and Physics is good as well. :smile:

I'm presuming EEE is Electrical Engineering? Not sure what the third E would stand for though! Maths and Physics would also be a great combination, although my idea of a nightmare, and would probably fall under the NatSci bracket, or at least at Durham. NatSci usually allows you to combine any one of the sciences with maths if you wanted to. I even saw a girl applying to NatSci for Chemistry and CompSci which sounds like an interesting combination!

Have you any universities in mind yet?

Spoiler

Reply 163
I'm presuming EEE is Electrical Engineering? Not sure what the third E would stand for though! Maths and Physics would also be a great combination, although my idea of a nightmare, and would probably fall under the NatSci bracket, or at least at Durham. NatSci usually allows you to combine any one of the sciences with maths if you wanted to. I even saw a girl applying to NatSci for Chemistry and CompSci which sounds like an interesting combination!

Have you any universities in mind yet?

Spoiler

No way, you can actually do that? That’s pretty cool, since you can’t really do that anywhere else. EEE stands for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Chemistry and CompSci, how is that even possible?

I’m think universities like UCL, Warwick, Bristol, Southampton and Loughborough but I’m thinking about other universities as well like Durham, Manchester and Nottingham. That was not your fault, I’m sorry haha! :tongue:
No way, you can actually do that? That’s pretty cool, since you can’t really do that anywhere else. EEE stands for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Chemistry and CompSci, how is that even possible?

I’m think universities like UCL, Warwick, Bristol, Southampton and Loughborough but I’m thinking about other universities as well like Durham, Manchester and Nottingham. That was not your fault, I’m sorry haha! :tongue:

Apparently anything is possible on some degrees! When I saw the girl applying to Chemistry and CompSci I was pretty shocked, she is however somewhere on TSR and probably the only person doing that combo on the forum so I'm sure if she read this she'd know I was talking about her (can't remember her user though so it's fineee :innocent:) And hmm, I was pretty close guessing what EEE meant!

Also looks like you have a good range of universities, interesting that with that list you're not also considering Oxbridge, although with being rejected I can't say I'm all that favourable of Oxbridge right now anyways! :laugh:
Reply 165
Apparently anything is possible on some degrees! When I saw the girl applying to Chemistry and CompSci I was pretty shocked, she is however somewhere on TSR and probably the only person doing that combo on the forum so I'm sure if she read this she'd know I was talking about her (can't remember her user though so it's fineee :innocent:) And hmm, I was pretty close guessing what EEE meant!

Also looks like you have a good range of universities, interesting that with that list you're not also considering Oxbridge, although with being rejected I can't say I'm all that favourable of Oxbridge right now anyways! :laugh:

She uses TSR? Yeah when you told me about it I was pretty shocked as well, so unique. Close enough haha. :smile:

Thanks. :smile: They’re a good bunch, I guess. I don’t know, they don’t really appeal that much to me and it’s already so hard to get into. It doesn’t matter, you don’t need to go to Oxbridge to be successful.
She uses TSR? Yeah when you told me about it I was pretty shocked as well, so unique. Close enough haha. :smile:

Thanks. :smile: They’re a good bunch, I guess. I don’t know, they don’t really appeal that much to me and it’s already so hard to get into. It doesn’t matter, you don’t need to go to Oxbridge to be successful.

Yeah she was on a Durham Applicant thread somewhere!

And that's fair enough, however much I don't regret applying I'm definitely over it, Oxbridge definitely isn't the be all and end all, I'd probably have been super extra stressed if I ended up there anyway! :teehee:
Reply 167
Yeah she was on a Durham Applicant thread somewhere!

And that's fair enough, however much I don't regret applying I'm definitely over it, Oxbridge definitely isn't the be all and end all, I'd probably have been super extra stressed if I ended up there anyway! :teehee:

Oh right. Is she already at Durham or has she applied this year? Yeah that’s true. You’re clearly and amazing student regardless and will go on to do many other amazing things! :smile: Another good point, not worth the stress.
I'm gonna try my absolute BEST to get into uni at 8am on Monday and I'm gonna do the entire day because MAN I need to get my work done
Oh right. Is she already at Durham or has she applied this year? Yeah that’s true. You’re clearly and amazing student regardless and will go on to do many other amazing things! :smile: Another good point, not worth the stress.

She applied this year by the sounds of things, I just really wonder how Chem and CompSci complement each other. And thank you very much, you're too kind! Although I don't know you as well (don't think there's a blog for me to be stalking, if there is let me know) I'm sure you're a great student too :yep:
Reply 170
She applied this year by the sounds of things, I just really wonder how Chem and CompSci complement each other. And thank you very much, you're too kind! Although I don't know you as well (don't think there's a blog for me to be stalking, if there is let me know) I'm sure you're a great student too :yep:

Oh ok. Yeah I don’t think they’d go that well with each other. Thank you. Haha, I don’t have one yet. I might make one in the future. :tongue:
oh no sorry :redface:

11:30pm - Session ends
Original post by roronoa1zoro
I’m too knackered to do maths; I’m done for the day. Did about 4 hours today so it’s all good 👍

Don't blame you at all!! Well done on getting all that work done today :five:
Oh ok. Yeah I don’t think they’d go that well with each other. Thank you. Haha, I don’t have one yet. I might make one in the future. :tongue:

I'll have to keep my eye out then! :wink:
Reply 174
I'll have to keep my eye out then! :wink:

If I do, you’ll be the first to know! :smile:
Morning folks :smile:

8:00am - Session begins
This session I hope to finish my Dutch practice exam, let's see whether I can break my "high score" (53/72)!
Original post by Protostar
Morning folks :smile:

8:00am - Session begins

Morning :smile: Pleasantly surprised I am here this early on a Sunday :smile: Think I will spend the first half hour tidying up, getting dressed and making a plan for today :smile:
Morning! This morning I'm going through biology practice questions, hopefully it won't take to long...
I'm planning to join at 10 am to do two pieces of maths homework

Latest

Trending

Trending