The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Europa League is his level.

People really tried to blame Jose smh.
Original post by Rk2k14
Europa League is his level.

People really tried to blame Jose smh.

Jose is the one that signed him, so he deserves some blame one way or the other.
Reply 522
Original post by Fizzel
Tbf Mhki went fair way to helping us win the Europa that season. This season however...

If Sanchez shows up sooner or later, it's been a very good piece of business.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Jose is the one that signed him, so he deserves some blame one way or the other.

He did come back off a good season for Dortmund so perhaps Jose thought he could make the transition to the PL but obviously that wasnt the case.

All this 'Jose is holding this guy back' and that he would thrive in an attacking system is nonsense though.
Yeah where are the guys saying Mkhi would thrive at Arsenal now?

Shite is shite
Souness said Kante ran the midfield against us. :biggrin:

Pogba is deffo piping his daughter. Only explanation for this nonsense.
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't understand why none of the top teams have tryed to copy Liverpools approach to playing against city??

No doubt when we play there in a couple of weeks we will probs set up something similiar to what Chelsea did today.

Disappointing.
BJ still well angry at Mourinho for something that happened 3 years ago whilst the current Chelsea team crumbles before his very eyes

Oh it’s very lit
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has already lost four Premier League games with Arsenal.

He lost five in his entire spell at Manchester United.

Crazy stat.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I don't understand why none of the top teams have tryed to copy Liverpools approach to playing against city??

No doubt when we play there in a couple of weeks we will probs set up something similiar to what Chelsea did today.

Disappointing.

Easier said than done.

Liverpool are probably the best pressing team in Europe. Don't think any team could have done what they did for 90 minutes.

Also Klopp was the only manager brave enough to get at City whereas the rest of the top teams accepted they were gonna get battered.
Original post by Rk2k14
Easier said than done.

Liverpool are probably the best pressing team in Europe. Don't think any team could have done what they did for 90 minutes.

Also Klopp was the only manager brave enough to get at City whereas the rest of the top teams accepted they were gonna get battered.

But I even remember when we played them at OT, we scored with our first attack.

Too many top teams are giving up all their attacking talent to try and subdue City, when they would have a better chance of getting something if they just went at it.

I still believe that City's defence is still suspect, it's just that it hardly ever gets tested.
But I even remember when we played them at OT, we scored with our first attack.

Too many top teams are giving up all their attacking talent to try and subdue City, when they would have a better chance of getting something if they just went at it.

I still believe that City's defence is still suspect, it's just that it hardly ever gets tested.

There is a good reason why their defence has not been tested enough, City are deadly on the counter when teams try and get at their defence.
Original post by samir12
There is a good reason why their defence has not been tested enough, City are deadly on the counter when teams try and get at their defence.

Foul them then, De bruyne can't counter if he has no legs.
Foul them then, De bruyne can't counter if he has no legs.

Well you can't hope to win against them if you get a man sent off and their midfield is so good that they can release the ball quick enough before any tackle is made. I'm sure the bottom half of the league have tried to kick the **** out of City, Guardiola has been complaining about it all season.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by samir12
And you can't hope to win against them if you get a man sent off.

There are ways of doing it without getting sent off, teams certainly need to be more physical with city though.
There are ways of doing it without getting sent off, teams certainly need to be more physical with city though.

Guardiola has been complaining all season about his players not getting protection from the referees so I'm pretty sure teams have tried it, it's just City's players are no pushovers themselves and are quick enough to release the ball before tackles are made.
Original post by samir12
Guardiola has been complaining all season about his players not getting protection from the referees so I'm pretty sure teams have tried it, it's just City's players are no pushovers themselves and are quick enough to release the ball before tackles are made.

Yeah but Guardiola would say that wouldn't he, he ets upset when his players make a tackle for goodness sake. Teams really need to leave their mark and unsettle City, by the looks of it De Bruyne is an absolute Gobsh*te always having a go at the refs, ottomendi and Fernandinho are suspect to red cards if you can get at them.

If City don;t want to play fair in terms of being a sugar daddy club, why should teams be fair to them on the field.
Watch Mourinho win at the Etihad and pull of a masterclass :colondollar:

Lets go boss.
Original post by trapking
Watch Mourinho win at the Etihad and pull of a masterclass :colondollar:

Lets go boss.

Imagine.

inb4 Young, Lingard, Felliani, Rashford and Mctominay start at the etihad.

Disappointing.

Original post by Rk2k14
Easier said than done.

Rk is right - Liverpool are unique in their combination of exceptional pressing and a deadly front three to go with it.

That being said, I agree that teams have come in to games against City in a very defeatist manner. If you set up in a way that almost accepts defeat instantly, what kind of mentality is that to actually take hold of the game and give it a real go?

Not many teams can do what Liverpool did, but there’s more than one way to beat a team.

Anyway, dreading the game at the weekend. Mourinho always sucks the life out of our matches, so I’m expecting a “masterclass” where you have 25% possession and win 1-0...

Latest