The Student Room Group

Does this matter in exams??

You know in an exam when u write more than the lines provided onto the blank space does that matter?? Like will the examiner cross it out??
Reply 1
No, but you should really ask for extra paper, or you run the risk of it being illegible
Original post by 11gharg
No, but you should really ask for extra paper, or you run the risk of it being illegible

Even if it’s a few words??
Reply 3
Original post by Berrydo
Even if it’s a few words??

No, its a judgement call. If it's, like, an extra line, just go under. Do NOT try to squeeze an extra paragraph in in tiny handwriting, they just won't bother trying to read it
Original post by Berrydo
You know in an exam when u write more than the lines provided onto the blank space does that matter?? Like will the examiner cross it out??
You can't write outside the box in which the lines are in as exam papers are sent electronically to the markers and get cut around the outside. I would definitely ask for extra paper
It's fine, I used to do that all the time. Just make sure it's legible and not all over the place or excessive.
Original post by conconnie
You can't write outside the box in which the lines are in as exam papers are sent electronically to the markers and get cut around the outside. I would definitely ask for extra paper

Oh no not outside the line of the exam paper just underneath the lines also why are they marked electronically??
Reply 7
Original post by Berrydo

You know how there's a border around the lined area (I think it's usually a slightly different colour)? You can't write in there because it won't be counted. Anything inside the lined area is fine as long as it makes sense and can be read. I even once bullet pointed diagonally across the page cos I was really running out of time.
If you run out of space in the lined area you'll need to ask for extra paper. I suggest if you get onto your last page putting your hand up then so they have some time to get to you before you actually run out of space.
So again, anything that can be read inside the lined box is fine, bit anything else is a no go.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Original post by Berrydo
Oh no not outside the line of the exam paper just underneath the lines also why are they marked electronically??

Because each marker marks the same of one question, for example, they mark all question 1B's and it means the papers can stay anonymous as well and it's easier to distribute them I suppose and make sure none are lost and also anything that is in the box will be marked
Original post by conconnie
Because each marker marks the same of one question, for example, they mark all question 1B's and it means the papers can stay anonymous as well and it's easier to distribute them I suppose and make sure none are lost and also anything that is in the box will be marked

Fair enough.... haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending