The Student Room Group

Advance crb

Will You Get In University With A criminal record. Charge with assault battery drunk behaviour . Arrested not charge with rape
Original post by Naddy40
Will You Get In University With A criminal record. Charge with assault battery drunk behaviour . Arrested not charge with rape

Depends on the course. Some courses they make no checks. Its mostly the ones that involve young or vulnerable people. Education and social care.

Have you only been charged? If you are convicted then you will need to tell them. Also the same if cautioned.

Have they asked for a CRB?
Reply 2
Are they spent?

Who's insisting on enhanced DBS checks?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Depends on the course. Some courses they make no checks. Its mostly the ones that involve young or vulnerable people. Education and social care.

Have you only been charged? If you are convicted then you will need to tell them. Also the same if cautioned.

Have they asked for a CRB?

Yes they will do ADVANCE CRB
Original post by Naddy40
Yes they will do ADVANCE CRB

If your course is one of those which requires an enhanced CRB- ( teaching, social work, health related) then they will find out as son as you have a criminal record. You may also be required to tell them about the charges. If you dont tell them then the police may well do so.

I would tell them.

You would then expect to have a hearing and they would assess your suitability for the course in light of this. It isnt great for you, but I suspect they might let you start, but if it went to trial then they may take another look if you were found guilty.
There is only one way to find out.
On the upside if the university has a thriving Rugby team they may let you in based on your unique skills.
Reply 6
Original post by F Creaven
There is only one way to find out.
On the upside if the university has a thriving Rugby team they may let you in based on your unique skills.

Can't play rugby so am on to a loser
Every university has a policy on this stuff. Read it and see if by following the policy they would let you in.
If you have not been convicted of rape I would not mention it. Just having the word in any correspondence will have a negative effect and considering the poor prosecution rate on rape there will be doubt around wether you actually did it or not(they should not do this but the word is emotive and people watch the news). Also using the word with the other charge makes it sound like you assaulted, battered a women but was not convicted of raping her. If they were two separate arrests then it suggests you have a habit of making poor choices or get yourself in to difficult situations. If it was a one off its easier to explain out.
The fact is people in prisons get degrees. Education is seen as a different path for someone with a criminal past, a part of the rehabilitation process, so I see no reason why there will be major barriers to getting a degree. Your choice of university may be more limited(I am guessing here). It might also turn out that you need to be interviewed by the university to assess your suitability, if so this will be the key part.

The fact is your application will turn in to a risk assessment and that assessment will be what threat do you pose to your fellow students and community?. Anything you do will negatively affect the university so your task is to convince them that you are low risk.
Reply 8
Original post by F Creaven
Every univernu sity has a policy on this stuff. Read it and see if by following the policy they would let you in.
If you have not been convicted of rape I would not mention it. Just having the word in any correspondence will have a negative effect and considering the poor prosecution rate on rape there will be doubt around wether you actually did it or not(they should not do this but the word is emotive and people watch the news). Also using the word with the other charge makes it sound like you assaulted, battered a women but was not convicted of raping her. If they were two separate arrests then it suggests you have a habit of making poor choices or get yourself in to difficult situations. If it was a one off its easier to explain out.
The fact is people in prisons get degrees. Education is seen as a different path for someone with a criminal past, a part of the rehabilitation process, so I see no reason why there will be major barriers to getting a degree. Your choice of university may be more limited(I am guessing here). It might also turn out that you need to be interviewed by the university to assess your suitability, if so this will be the key part.

The fact is your application will turn in to a risk assessment and that assessment will be what threat do you pose to your fellow students and community?. Anything you do will negatively affect the university so your task is to convince them that you are low risk
It's two separate things . I was drink and charge with assault and battery . And then a family try to force there daughter to cry rape cause they don't like me wicked world out there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending