The Student Room Group

Sixth form advice

My school sixth form has an average grade at C for a level . If I sacrifice and work really hard do you reckon I could get AAB for chemistry , biology , geography
Original post by sabrine12
My school sixth form has an average grade at C for a level . If I sacrifice and work really hard do you reckon I could get AAB for chemistry , biology , geography

My college has the average grade E and I managing to do alright (Barely but still :biggrin:) so yeah but make sure you don't go sacrificing too much and make sure you revise smarter not harder.
Reply 2
Original post by Lord Nutter
My college has the average grade E and I managing to do alright (Barely but still :biggrin:) so yeah but make sure you don't go sacrificing too much and make sure you revise smarter not harder.

What did you get in what subjects ?
Original post by sabrine12
What did you get in what subjects ?

Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics - trying to get As and Bs in those subjects.
Absolutely; it is entirely down to your motivation. Utilise everything you have in your power to gain a better understanding of the content: don't understand your teacher? Use the hundreds of revision websites out there, watch YouTube tutorials, use one of the multitude of a-level textbooks in your library (all have different authors so different ways of explaining), contact a past student or a uni student/knowledgable friend if you can for help, use online tutors (money allowing), or my favourite is just purely leaving it to sit for a couple of days and coming back to it with a fresh mindset and just trying to think through it (obviously not always possible but highly rewarding).
It will take a lot a determination and you have to not allow yourself any excuses but you most definitely can get A*A*A* if you really wish. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by MathsPhysMind
Absolutely; it is entirely down to your motivation. Utilise everything you have in your power to gain a better understanding of the content: don't understand your teacher? Use the hundreds of revision websites out there, watch YouTube tutorials, use one of the multitude of a-level textbooks in your library (all have different authors so different ways of explaining), contact a past student or a uni student/knowledgable friend if you can for help, use online tutors (money allowing), or my favourite is just purely leaving it to sit for a couple of days and coming back to it with a fresh mindset and just trying to think through it (obviously not always possible but highly rewarding).
It will take a lot a determination and you have to not allow yourself any excuses but you most definitely can get A*A*A* if you really wish. Best of luck! :smile:

Exactly.
Reply 6
Original post by MathsPhysMind

This is so helpful thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest