The Student Room Group

Changing Universities Query

Hello,

Last May I took my IB exams and then went on to pursue my university studies in the UK. After the first semester ended, I realised that it was not the course for me, and, since I was not able to change my programme within the university and UCAS applications were closed, I was forced to apply elsewhere. In the middle of my second semester I had a family emergency and, since I was not intending to return to the university, I decided to leave it once and for all.

In all my applications for the new universities I had indicated I wanted to commence from Year 1 once again (with no advanced standing), however, in one I chose the "Year 1, second semester intake" option (with advanced standing).
I have now received a conditional offer from the latter university, asking me to submit my grades for my second semester.

I wanted to know whether this will happen with the other universities I have applied to, even though I chose to apply as a First Year student, or if I will be given an unconditional offer taking into account my IB results like I expected.

Thank you !
Original post by Butterbeer99
Hello,

Last May I took my IB exams and then went on to pursue my university studies in the UK. After the first semester ended, I realised that it was not the course for me, and, since I was not able to change my programme within the university and UCAS applications were closed, I was forced to apply elsewhere. In the middle of my second semester I had a family emergency and, since I was not intending to return to the university, I decided to leave it once and for all.

In all my applications for the new universities I had indicated I wanted to commence from Year 1 once again (with no advanced standing), however, in one I chose the "Year 1, second semester intake" option (with advanced standing).
I have now received a conditional offer from the latter university, asking me to submit my grades for my second semester.

I wanted to know whether this will happen with the other universities I have applied to, even though I chose to apply as a First Year student, or if I will be given an unconditional offer taking into account my IB results like I expected.

Thank you !

You are going to find out. With UCAS you are meant to provide a complete record of all exams taken. They may or may not be interested in why you left, but just tell them. Your referee could have mentioned it. I dont think it is a big deal.
Original post by 999tigger
You are going to find out. With UCAS you are meant to provide a complete record of all exams taken. They may or may not be interested in why you left, but just tell them. Your referee could have mentioned it. I dont think it is a big deal.

Hello,

I did not apply to the UK since UCAS applications were closed; the unis I applied to are in Asia and Oceania. Also, I had to leave the uni after sending out my applications.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Butterbeer99
Hello,

I did not apply to the UK since UCAS applications were closed; the unis I applied to are in Asia and Oceania. Also, I had to leave the uni after sending out my applications.

Just talk to them informally and explain the situation. If they know about the other uni in Uk then ask your previous PT or just the uni admissions to provide a short letter confirming your short stay and that you left due to the course not being the one you wanted rather than being thrown off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending