The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Stewpid
Our nation is becoming a joke. Free speech is held in contempt- if you have the wrong opinion there is now that much red tape in place that you are likely to get a conviction or if you are outside Britain you get banned from the country- mainly those with right wing conservative views.

Lets give you an example, the other day there was 3 journalists/ political activists they was from Canada, America and Austria. Lets make long story short and say that all 3 of these activists was detained through our terrorism legislation two of the three was detained for a few days and one of them was detained for 6 hours. The couple who was detained for a few days was detained because they was going to conduct an interview with Tommy Robinson and the other one was detained for 6 hrs on the basis of conducting a social experiment of handing out leaflets saying Allah is gay- bit of a trivial reason to ban someone for life from a nation- considering similar leaflets have been distributed saying god is gay- offences which are that major that schedule 7 of the terrorism act was cited as the reason for detention when zero of the three showed signs of committing a terrorist attack

What troubles me with this is that we are declaring war on freedom of speech with foreign reporters but ISIS terrorists can and have passed free of detention who have fought for ISIS Syria 400-450 terrorists have thought to have returned. This is a disgrace- this is what Mrs May was looking at with the Social Chapter by the looks of things to close down free speech of right wing conservatives. This is tolerance, this is censorship. This is a witch-hunt!

What makes things worse Salman Abedi the Manchester Arena terrorist was allowed to return to the UK from going to a bomb making school in Libya- no questions asked not even when he got back to Britain was he retained, this is despite him being on a prospected terrorist list.

Everyone else laugh at us- we are now a joke nation.

Nobody is probably going to see this but to be honest the uk is not a joke. Yes I would say that some of the decisions we have made collectively aren't great (for instance brexit). The example of Tommy Robbinson was kind of stupid considering the fact that he may have offended people of Islam. Those who are muslims could have considered it as hate crime, and therefore had a valid reason for reporting him.
Anyways, the freedom of speech can be restricted e.g. when discriminating, which is the whole reason for the equality act in the first place. Although, yes background checks should have been done for Salman Abedi, people have no reason to believe that the UK is a job especially for the millions of pounds we had raised as a country.
So although there have been mistakes made by the government I don't believe that it should be considered a laughing stock.
Original post by TCA2b
cba

Anyone remotely familiar with her would know how full of it and paranoid you are.

What? You called me “insanely stupid” but you cannot be ar.sed to explain why you insulted me.

Also, who is “her” and why should we be familiar with her?

Finally how am I paranoid?

If you cannot clearly answer the above questions, then I think you are the one that is insanely stupid.
Original post by AvrgLondoner
Lauren Southern is a terrible and racist individual.
Her main reason for trying to come to the UK was to create tension between Muslims and others by handing out inflammatory leaflets!
This is terrible, Muslim people make up part of British society and I have no objections to them as people!

So you have no objections to a vile, murderous Jihadi who used a backpack bomb filled with nails to decapitate scores of young girls at a pop concert because they were disbelievers in Islam, and even worse, they wore short skirts! This guy is fine. He makes up "part of British society" so you have no objection to him. None at all.

But a young, civilised, American girl who comes here to talk about the freedom to criticise evil scum like him is a "terrible and racist individual." In your, dreadful, twilight world, leaflets are more "racist" than nail bombs filled with high explosive. Calling a Muslim (truthfully) a murderer is worse than the murder itself.

Congratulations you win the prize for the most immoral and moronic post so far this year! Well played.

Sometimes a society is too stupid to survive.
Reply 183
Original post by Mona.M
Nobody is probably going to see this but to be honest the uk is not a joke. Yes I would say that some of the decisions we have made collectively aren't great (for instance brexit). The example of Tommy Robbinson was kind of stupid considering the fact that he may have offended people of Islam. Those who are muslims could have considered it as hate crime, and therefore had a valid reason for reporting him.
Anyways, the freedom of speech can be restricted e.g. when discriminating, which is the whole reason for the equality act in the first place. Although, yes background checks should have been done for Salman Abedi, people have no reason to believe that the UK is a job especially for the millions of pounds we had raised as a country.
So although there have been mistakes made by the government I don't believe that it should be considered a laughing stock.

That is dependant on what generation/ social class you ask. I'm 20 from Sandwell and i would say 60% of my year at school voted leave.

When you break down Tommy Robinson's speeches and remove the over zealous passion he has- Tommy makes some very good points especially on exposing violent verses in the Koran and how terrorists have been radicalised- He makes some very good points but is just slandered by the left and the mainstream media. On a second note a hate crime is not a necessarily a crime a hate crime is defined as discrimination against protected characteristics based on conception IE I believe it was a hate crime because...

You will realise when you grow up.
Original post by Wired_1800
Although you made some fair points, i think the post was generally idiotic.

First and foremost, you cannot stop your citizen from returning to their homeland. Salman Abedi and others could not be banned because they were British Citizens.

Two, terrorism is not only defined as political movement, you can have ideological terrorism which can come from liberal and conservative groups. In my opinion, the Government were right to ban known ideological terrorists from entering the country. Those people were not British, so why should they be here to pour their poison into the British consciousness.

I think you need to be careful with the whole idea of “free speech”, there is no such thing as absolute freedom. If you made a threatening remark to the Queen, the police and anti-terror police will be all over you that you may not even survive the interrogation.

Anyway, I’d suggest that you calm down. No need to go on a rampage.

What poison? They're conservitves and anti-immigration I wouldn't call that ideological terrorism.....
Original post by TheBomber09
What poison? They're conservitves and anti-immigration I wouldn't call that ideological terrorism.....

Poison of fascism, extremisim and racism.
Poison of fascism, extremisim and racism.

Can you give me examples of their faccism, extremism and racism?
Original post by Stewpid
Our nation is becoming a joke. Free speech is held in contempt- if you have the wrong opinion there is now that much red tape in place that you are likely to get a conviction or if you are outside Britain you get banned from the country- mainly those with right wing conservative views.

Lets give you an example, the other day there was 3 journalists/ political activists they was from Canada, America and Austria. Lets make long story short and say that all 3 of these activists was detained through our terrorism legislation two of the three was detained for a few days and one of them was detained for 6 hours. The couple who was detained for a few days was detained because they was going to conduct an interview with Tommy Robinson and the other one was detained for 6 hrs on the basis of conducting a social experiment of handing out leaflets saying Allah is gay- bit of a trivial reason to ban someone for life from a nation- considering similar leaflets have been distributed saying god is gay- offences which are that major that schedule 7 of the terrorism act was cited as the reason for detention when zero of the three showed signs of committing a terrorist attack

What troubles me with this is that we are declaring war on freedom of speech with foreign reporters but ISIS terrorists can and have passed free of detention who have fought for ISIS Syria 400-450 terrorists have thought to have returned. This is a disgrace- this is what Mrs May was looking at with the Social Chapter by the looks of things to close down free speech of right wing conservatives. This is tolerance, this is censorship. This is a witch-hunt!

What makes things worse Salman Abedi the Manchester Arena terrorist was allowed to return to the UK from going to a bomb making school in Libya- no questions asked not even when he got back to Britain was he retained, this is despite him being on a prospected terrorist list.

Everyone else laugh at us- we are now a joke nation.

I agreed with the title until I read your Daily Mail narrow-minded right-wing low IQ trite of a thread.
Original post by TheBomber09
Can you give me examples of their faccism, extremism and racism?

1. The anti-immigration rhetoric.
2. The anti-Islam and Islamophobic activities.
Reply 189
Original post by gussssss
I agreed with the title until I read your Daily Mail narrow-minded right-wing low IQ trite of a thread.

If you don't like it why take the time to slander it. Do you agree with allowing terrorists in and stopping journalists
Reply 190
1. The anti-immigration rhetoric.
2. The anti-Islam and Islamophobic activities.

1. Being anti immigration is a opinion and it is legitimised by the asylum seekers who bomb us- for example the Parsons Green bomber told authorities that he was trained to kill by ISIS- any normal country would say no you're not coming in now you present too much of a risk to society. We welcome him with open arms he bombs us

2. Some of the Islamic belief system is incompatible with the West, in western nations we are tolerant especially towards gays, where as 52% of British Muslims believe that being gay should be a crime. Add in the infidels what Muslims are instructed to kill you have millions who ignore it but tens of thousands who want to follow it radically.

What's so poisonous about wanting the nation you live in to be safe? Importing in terrorists who admit they have killed for ISIS where you have a Canadian reporter banned for a social experiment handing out flyers saying Allah is a gay God
Original post by Stewpid
1. Being anti immigration is a opinion and it is legitimised by the asylum seekers who bomb us- for example the Parsons Green bomber told authorities that he was trained to kill by ISIS- any normal country would say no you're not coming in now you present too much of a risk to society. We welcome him with open arms he bombs us

2. Some of the Islamic belief system is incompatible with the West, in western nations we are tolerant especially towards gays, where as 52% of British Muslims believe that being gay should be a crime. Add in the infidels what Muslims are instructed to kill you have millions who ignore it but tens of thousands who want to follow it radically.

What's so poisonous about wanting the nation you live in to be safe? Importing in terrorists who admit they have killed for ISIS where you have a Canadian reporter banned for a social experiment handing out flyers saying Allah is a gay God

This is somewhat brainwashing. Let me respond to your comments.

1) Many things are opinions but when those opinions begin to threaten the wellbeing, safety or life of others then it should not be entertained and punished with severity. For example, it is an opinion that gay people should be killed for being gay, but saying this will get you done for inciting violence against the homosexual community.

You need to get your facts straight and stop lying to people. The Parson Green bomber was classed as a refugee when entering the country. The authorities DID NOT see him as a terrorist or anything like that, it was after he entered the country that he committed his crimes. We need to be careful with an anti-refugee bias because we have had refugees from all groups from Jews to Christians and now to Muslims.

2) There are other religions that are intolerable to the so-called Western values. For example, homosexuality is forbidden in Judaism. Should we ban Jews as well? Or are you prepared to be destroyed for anti-semitism?

In addition, there are millions of muslims here, if they want to act on all the Islamic beliefs, you will be dead by now. They are everywhere from shops to stores to hospitals to security services, the fact that you are still alive to write this Islamophobic rubbish on TsR should be testament to the fact that Muslims are not as violent as you describe them.

There is nothing poisonous or wrong with wanting a safe nation. What is wrong is painting everyone the same way according to your biased mindset. Nobody is importing terrorists, the government does not go to countries asking for terrorists to be sent to the UK, this is false.

Finally, any sane person knows that it is Islamophobic to portray the Holy Prophet or Allah in a bad light. Running any experiment whether social or otherwise to insult Islam is not only incredibly stupid but should carry a very severe punishment.

There is nobody in their right mind that would insult Jewish people or their religion or God, but it is “okay” to experiment with Islam? We need to stop this rubbish.
Reply 192
This is somewhat brainwashing. Let me respond to your comments.

1) Many things are opinions but when those opinions begin to threaten the wellbeing, safety or life of others then it should not be entertained and punished with severity. For example, it is an opinion that gay people should be killed for being gay, but saying this will get you done for inciting violence against the homosexual community.

You need to get your facts straight and stop lying to people. The Parson Green bomber was classed as a refugee when entering the country. The authorities DID NOT see him as a terrorist or anything like that, it was after he entered the country that he committed his crimes. We need to be careful with an anti-refugee bias because we have had refugees from all groups from Jews to Christians and now to Muslims.

2) There are other religions that are intolerable to the so-called Western values. For example, homosexuality is forbidden in Judaism. Should we ban Jews as well? Or are you prepared to be destroyed for anti-semitism?

In addition, there are millions of muslims here, if they want to act on all the Islamic beliefs, you will be dead by now. They are everywhere from shops to stores to hospitals to security services, the fact that you are still alive to write this Islamophobic rubbish on TsR should be testament to the fact that Muslims are not as violent as you describe them.

There is nothing poisonous or wrong with wanting a safe nation. What is wrong is painting everyone the same way according to your biased mindset. Nobody is importing terrorists, the government does not go to countries asking for terrorists to be sent to the UK, this is false.

Finally, any sane person knows that it is Islamophobic to portray the Holy Prophet or Allah in a bad light. Running any experiment whether social or otherwise to insult Islam is not only incredibly stupid but should carry a very severe punishment.

There is nobody in their right mind that would insult Jewish people or their religion or God, but it is “okay” to experiment with Islam? We need to stop this rubbish.

Sorry that's complete and utter rubbish

The Parsons Green terrorist admitted to be trained to kill by isis
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/teacher-saw-whatsapp-from-isis-on-bombers-phone-0clnddtw0
After that admission they should of deported him immediately
Original post by Stewpid
Sorry that's complete and utter rubbish

The Parsons Green terrorist admitted to be trained to kill by isis
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/teacher-saw-whatsapp-from-isis-on-bombers-phone-0clnddtw0
After that admission they should of deported him immediately

What? That admission was AFTER the crime had been committed. The authorities did not know nor did he tell them that he was trained by Daesh when he was let into the country as a refugee. You seem to be grasping at straws in order to avoid looking like a racist islamophobe.

Please do your research and educate yourself before engaging in such discussions. Yes, we should not admit people here with dangerous backgrounds, but many people are thorougly vetted before they even enter the country. Besides, most attacks have been committed by citizens living in the country rather than migrants or refugees.
Original post by Stewpid
If you don't like it why take the time to slander it. Do you agree with allowing terrorists in and stopping journalists

I gave it the time of day by reading it (unfortunately) so why not slander it too? What I believe is far beyond your capacity, so I won't bother.
Reply 195
What? That admission was AFTER the crime had been committed. The authorities did not know nor did he tell them that he was trained by Daesh when he was let into the country as a refugee. You seem to be grasping at straws in order to avoid looking like a racist islamophobe.

Please do your research and educate yourself before engaging in such discussions. Yes, we should not admit people here with dangerous backgrounds, but many people are thorougly vetted before they even enter the country. Besides, most attacks have been committed by citizens living in the country rather than migrants or refugees.

No that's wrong learn how to read

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/parsons-green-attack-bombing-isis-london-underground-tube-iraqi-refugee-ahmed-hassan-trial-court-a8244746.html

If you're to lazy to click the link

The alleged Parsons Green bomber told Home Office officials when he arrived in Britain that he had been trained as an Isis child soldier, a court has heard.

Should have been deported after that admission he arrived in Britain in 2015.
Original post by Stewpid
No that's wrong learn how to read

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/parsons-green-attack-bombing-isis-london-underground-tube-iraqi-refugee-ahmed-hassan-trial-court-a8244746.html

If you're to lazy to click the link

The alleged Parsons Green bomber told Home Office officials when he arrived in Britain that he had been trained as an Isis child soldier, a court has heard.

Should have been deported after that admission he arrived in Britain in 2015.

The report that was shared on the BBC was that the authorities were unaware of his previous actions and believed he posed no threat to the country.
Reply 197
The report that was shared on the BBC was that the authorities were unaware of his previous actions and believed he posed no threat to the country.

The BBC?

No- you're wrong again

The Iraqi teenager had been referred to the government's deradicalisation programme prior to the attack.
Hassan, who arrived in the UK as a child asylum seeker, claimed to immigration officials that he had been groomed by the Islamic State group and "trained to kill"

The BBC understands that while a local official from the government's Prevent counter-extremism programme was brought in to look at his case in early 2016, Hassan did not receive any deradicalisation support for months.

Do you agree that what i have bolded would indicate that the Immigration officials was told by Hassan that he was trained to kill upon arrival in November 2015 if he was referred to deradicalisation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43431303

There you go the British Brainwashing Corporation couldn't even save you this time.
Original post by Stewpid
The BBC?

No- you're wrong again

The Iraqi teenager had been referred to the government's deradicalisation programme prior to the attack.
Hassan, who arrived in the UK as a child asylum seeker, claimed to immigration officials that he had been groomed by the Islamic State group and "trained to kill"

The BBC understands that while a local official from the government's Prevent counter-extremism programme was brought in to look at his case in early 2016, Hassan did not receive any deradicalisation support for months.

Do you agree that what i have bolded would indicate that the Immigration officials was told by Hassan that he was trained to kill upon arrival in November 2015 if he was referred to deradicalisation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43431303

There you go the British Brainwashing Corporation couldn't even save you this time.

Hassan claimed so, but the authorities rejected his claims. It was during the subsequent interrogation that he brought the claim again.

Anyway, the point still stands. We need to stop this blanket statement levelled against all Muslims. It is reckless and wicked, with dangerous consequences.
Reply 199
Hassan claimed so, but the authorities rejected his claims. It was during the subsequent interrogation that he brought the claim again.

Anyway, the point still stands. We need to stop this blanket statement levelled against all Muslims. It is reckless and wicked, with dangerous consequences.

It's wicked to call a terrorist, a terrorist.

He was a terrorist he admitted it to the authorities should of deported him to keep the country safe. We are to stupid as a country- if he admitted that to American authorities he would of been kicked out straight away

Latest

Trending

Trending