The Student Room Group

How to revise effectively for GCSE OCR RS?

does anyone know how to successfully revise for rs, i’m lost what’s the best way to make revision sources required to produce detailed revision resources on Islam just ANY tips on how to make such sources that will help me to remember and gain full marks on 15 markers i’m lost help please
vital. Quote-learning is absolutely key here. Also learning the names of scholars and keywords is vital. What I would do is make a quote bank and then try and learn them by making flash cards or using an app like TinyCards or Memrise. I have done GCSE and am currently doing A level RS. Trust me, at GCSE, what gets you top marks, is, sad to say it, just memorising evidence. At A level it is more about developing your argument, evaluation and analysis, but don't worry about at GCSE. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thanks🌟!
Reply 3
Original post by m2b
does anyone know how to successfully revise for rs, i’m lost what’s the best way to make revision sources required to produce detailed revision resources on Islam just ANY tips on how to make such sources that will help me to remember and gain full marks on 15 markers i’m lost help please

To gain full marks in a 15 marker you need to ensure you include different viewpoints, use quotes from relevant sources of authority and ensure you are evaluating all your arguments - I always forget to evaluate the viewpoints, and unnecessarily drop a lot of marks for doing so.
With RS, the thing you need to do is know the information. There’s a lot to take in but once you’ve got it everything becomes much easier. Make quote banks, make cue cards, use Quizlet and read out the cue cards to yourself as if you’re presenting them to make it easier to remember. As for answering the 15 marker, get a structure. Whether you’re given one by your teacher or you make it yourself, having a format that works will really help!
Good luck!!
Reply 5
thanks everyone really helpful! does anyone have a plan i can use for my 15 markers?
Reply 6
some muslims
others muslims
negatives/ weaknesses
importances/ strengths
concluding statements
evaluation

"so nice"
Reply 7
Original post by imo_x
To gain full marks in a 15 marker you need to ensure you include different viewpoints, use quotes from relevant sources of authority and ensure you are evaluating all your arguments - I always forget to evaluate the viewpoints, and unnecessarily drop a lot of marks for doing so.

how do you 'evaluate'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending