The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Dickson Poon Scholarship Interviews (2018)

I've been asked to attend an interview for a KCL law scholarship - the dicksoon poon. I know that they're gonna talk about my essay, but I really don't know what to expect, and I'm especially nervous considering I haven't been to any uni-based interviews
Has anyone had a Dickson Poon related interview or had any scholarship based interview for that matter?
I'm desperate

Scroll to see replies

When did you hear back? Did they email?

Waiting for mine :frown:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by gotaquestion
When did you hear back? Did they email?

Waiting for mine :frown:

Yeah, they e-mailed me two/three days ago
I don't know about everyone, but they asked me to book an appointment for my interview and when I went to the site a bunch of other people had already booked some in as well! I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...
Original post by charlotte100200
I've been asked to attend an interview for a KCL law scholarship - the dicksoon poon. I know that they're gonna talk about my essay, but I really don't know what to expect, and I'm especially nervous considering I haven't been to any uni-based interviews
Has anyone had a Dickson Poon related interview or had any scholarship based interview for that matter?
I'm desperate

Hey I feel exactly the same!! I've got an interview too, got literally no idea what they would ask aside from the essay we wrote for the scholarship. Not sure if it will focus on Personal Statement or the LNAT Essay etc? Mine is on Monday and I couldn't even get a good time as most of the slots were gone :/
Hey just had mine, really nice interviewer. Feel pretty confident about it, now I need the grades to go with it. Happy to talk to you about it if you want :smile:
Hi! I have mine in a few hours...I'm getting a bit worried because I haven't received a notification on Skype yet, are we meant to call them or do they call us? How did it go generally? I heard that they present a hypothetical scenario the way they do at Cambridge, but I really don't know what to expect.
Original post by estellajke
Hi! I have mine in a few hours...I'm getting a bit worried because I haven't received a notification on Skype yet, are we meant to call them or do they call us? How did it go generally? I heard that they present a hypothetical scenario the way they do at Cambridge, but I really don't know what to expect.

Mine's at half 11 :s-smilie: I'm super nervous as well! Just trying to make sure I know my application essay and my personal statement really well but there's not much else you can do I don't think
I haven't received anything either, I think they call us considering we don't have any of their skype info - I'm just gonna have my skype actually open half an hour before I start my interview
So far I noticed there was 45 of us, and they give scholarships to 30 people so you've got 2/3 chance, which is loads!
Just believe yourself, and remember that even if you dont get it, you still have your offer!
Good luck!
Mine's at half 11 :s-smilie: I'm super nervous as well! Just trying to make sure I know my application essay and my personal statement really well but there's not much else you can do I don't think
I haven't received anything either, I think they call us considering we don't have any of their skype info - I'm just gonna have my skype actually open half an hour before I start my interview
So far I noticed there was 45 of us, and they give scholarships to 30 people so you've got 2/3 chance, which is loads!
Just believe yourself, and remember that even if you dont get it, you still have your offer!
Good luck!

Thank you!! I just had my interview, they're incredibly sweet, I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck!
Reply 8
Hey guys. I've got my interview tomorrow and for those of you that have done it, is there actually a section for reasoning or is it many discussion of current events/ personal statement/ essay? Well done to all of you that have finished!
Hi! For those who have already been interviewed, can you please give some tips about how the interview goes? Focusing only on my PS and the scholarship essay so far. Congratulations to those who have done it and good luck to those are waiting! The suspense builds....
Is it just me or do you guys think it's pretty cool to think that, most of us are going to meet by the end of this summer? Hope every one does well in the upcoming exams!
I'm desperate

So how was the interview for you?
Original post by LBClondon
Hey just had mine, really nice interviewer. Feel pretty confident about it, now I need the grades to go with it. Happy to talk to you about it if you want :smile:

Hi, i am not sure what kind of advice i need, i've never had a uni-interview before. afraid ill freeze mid interview
Reply 13
Original post by SuperMegaMind
Hi! For those who have already been interviewed, can you please give some tips about how the interview goes? Focusing only on my PS and the scholarship essay so far. Congratulations to those who have done it and good luck to those are waiting! The suspense builds....

Hey I don't if you've done yours by now but if you haven't, it was mainly based on the personal statement, with them just drawing out your views and opinions on the things you've said there. There was a also a very short reasoning but it's nothing to worry about. They were super nice!
Original post by SuperMegaMind

Mine was... interesting - I feel like some bits wen really really well, and other bits didn't - but they were all opinionated questions so I can't really be wrong
I got asked two questions about my personal statement, two about the themes of my essay and then a law based scenario in which they asked my opinion on a legal scenario (I wouldn't worry about that one too much though because a lot of people haven't studied law at A level (I'm not!) so it's probably just to see how you think!!!
Hope you do well and we might see each other tomorrow for the open day!
Good luck!
Good luck!

Hate to disappoint, but there are actually two rounds of applications. So it's probably more like a 1/3 chance. Still, hope to see you make it and meet you there!
Hate to disappoint, but there are actually two rounds of applications. So it's probably more like a 1/3 chance. Still, hope to see you make it and meet you there!

Ah there were the earlier ones as well weren't there!? I completely forgto lol
Just got a scholarship offer! How did everyone else here do? Hope you get positive answers likewise. Please tell me if you've also received a scholarship and where you've been offered accommodation - fun and interesting times ahead!
Just got a scholarship offer! How did everyone else here do? Hope you get positive answers likewise. Please tell me if you've also received a scholarship and where you've been offered accommodation - fun and interesting times ahead!

Congrats! I just got an offer too! They offered me accommodation at Moonraker Point, which I know nothing about...
Original post by estellajke
Congrats! I just got an offer too! They offered me accommodation at Moonraker Point, which I know nothing about...

Hey, me too! It looks quite new and nice, although they keep showing the same picture on their website...are you now going to accept their offer? I still can't make up my mind...

Quick Reply

Latest