The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse history 9-1 (exam 2018)

This is for yr 10 students who are doing Edexcel history this is to help eachother and share resources and any questions you haveI know there are forums for yr 10 but this is specifically for edexcel history

Scroll to see replies

How are you finding history? I am not sure if we all do the same thing but we are currently doing Later medieval crime and punishment
Reply 2
Original post by Mosope17
How are you finding history? I am not sure if we all do the same thing but we are currently doing Later medieval crime and punishment

IM doing ok i know we are doingWeimer germanyMedicine And something else i dont know What about you
Reply 3
Wow you guus are kind of lucky we're doing some really boring topics ,a
At the moment we are doing anglo-saxon england and after that we'll be doing medicine (something like that ,dont really know)
Original post by Shanizzle
IM doing ok i know we are doingWeimer germanyMedicine And something else i dont know What about you

Crime and punishment over 1000 (I think you are doing Medicine over 1000?) Weimar/Germany and Elizabethan England (probably)
Reply 5
Original post by Mosope17
Crime and punishment over 1000 (I think you are doing Medicine over 1000?) Weimar/Germany and Elizabethan England (probably)

Have you started Weimer germany
I'm studying these topics:

Thematic Study - Medicine in Britain (c1250-present) - Currently covering this topic
Historic Environment - The British Sector of the Western Front 1914-1918: injuries,treatment and the trenches
British Depth B1 - Anglo Saxon and Norman England, c1060-88
Period Study 24/25 - The American West c1835-c1895
Modern Depth Study 33 - The USA, 1954-75: conflict at home and abroad
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm just starting to do the new 9-1 history at home, can anyone tell me if out of all the topics you can study can you only pick a few?
hi guys not finding it too difficult so far but were doing medicine through history, so medieval and renassiance and now victorian and eventually medicine now.how are you guys finding your parts of the course so farby the way i believe the topics are medicine through time (c12- c21)Nazi germany from around 1933 ishi think america and potentially cold war :frown:and anglo saxon britain . if anyone has any adivise on key points to revise then please let me know and if people want to know then i can pop the medicine points up if people need. thx guys!!!
I’m doing medicine, Elizabeth, weimar/nazi germany and Cold War 😴it’s hard
Reply 10
I'm doing Cold War, Richard and John & Medicine through time. No lies it's tough
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm doing Cold War, maos china & crime and punishment
doing medicine and ww1 yhhhh
Reply 13
I’m doing, Henry VIII, conflict in Middle East, crime and punishment and Weimar and Germany 😒
I know this is for Y10 but I wanna contribute; I'm Y11 so I get to suffer first! I'm doing Crime/Punishment, Elizabeth, Weimar/Nazi Germany and Cold War. I quite like things I'm doing but I find C/P quite hard, the topics feel so brief that I don't fully understand them. Cold War was my favourite and easiest topic to do.
Reply 15
I find it quite okay C/P but finding conflict in Middle East difficult as it’s the first exam this year so no info from other students about exams and revision 😕
Reply 16
what did you get for mocks bc my skls grade boundaries are really high
Reply 17
what did you get for mocks bc my skls grade boundaries were really high
Original post by Shanizzle
This is for yr 10 students who are doing Edexcel history this is to help eachother and share resources and any questions you haveI know there are forums for yr 10 but this is specifically for edexcel history

what do you do after you have made all your notes there aren't much past papers only sample papers
Reply 19
so i'm currently in year 11 about to do gcse in less than a month now (thankfully the history papers are in june). for history i'm doing medicine through time for paper one, american west and elizabeth for paper two, and weimar and nazi germany for paper three. we did a mock on paper one in june of year 10 and i got 7 and did paper two in december of year 11 and i got 7 and just did a mock on paper three last week and got 9!!! our school grade boundary is pretty high i would say. you had to get 85% to get 7 and 90% to get 8 and 95% to get 9 but i'm sure they will lower the grade boundary as they need certain amount of people getting 9s. i have a question, how much does each paper worth? if that makes sense.. so are each papers 33.3% of your gcse or is one more important than the other?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending