The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel a bit mental during exam periods....

I mean should i be worried, im making nervous jokes about topics...pacing..not remembering stuff...feeling ultra confident one day, then starting completely over....if this is process of "getting smarter" why do i feel like im headed for the psych ward consistently lol.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I mean should i be worried, im making nervous jokes about topics...pacing..not remembering stuff...feeling ultra confident one day, then starting completely over....if this is process of "getting smarter" why do i feel like im headed for the psych ward consistently lol.

Me exactly :smile:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Me exactly :smile:

It really is the up and down lol...now i feel calm, when i posted this i was considering jumping out of my university room's safety window lmao. Now i get why its there though hahaha.
I think the worse period for me was after exams. I would feel quite anxious the weeks before, usually procrastinate to no end, and then think "wait will it's all over ... ahh". When it was all over, that walk from the pub back to your room and there are books and papers flung all over the place.

You have to move all of it off your bed so you can lie in it -- and I always felt kinda empty, apathetic. No great joy or excitement, just your "life" for the past 3 months over and you don't know what to do you with yourself. Normally 3-hour nap and return to the pub again until the overdraft is gone.
Original post by Notoriety
I think the worse period for me was after exams. I would feel quite anxious the weeks before, usually procrastinate to no end, and then think "wait will it's all over ... ahh". When it was all over, that walk from the pub back to your room and there are books and papers flung all over the place.

You have to move all of it off your bed so you can lie in it -- and I always felt kinda empty, apathetic. No great joy or excitement, just your "life" for the past 3 months over and you don't know what to do you with yourself. Normally 3-hour nap and return to the pub again until the overdraft is gone.

i have two notebooks, that i use for memory, so i learn a concept and then scribble it onto paper.....

but im totally digital, my entire system is organised by module on my laptop.

My room doesnt suffer, my mind just does and its the grindin thats difficult, and maybe this is more specific to me, but i really have days where everything seems so perfect like my thoughts are collected and fluid and then somedays i feel like i have to restart and am so lost lol.
im making nervous jokes about topics

I relate to this, my sense of humour has now become me making puns about the poetry anthology and geography jokes so bad they make me want to jump off a wave cut platform
Original post by troubletracking
I relate to this, my sense of humour has now become me making puns about the poetry anthology and geography jokes so bad they make me want to jump off a wave cut platform

i posted about the sustainability of how many eggs i was consuming on the TSR during a bad period a couple of days ago lol, im just glad im taking this (marketing exam) tmrw (i think?) so i can be done with what seems like a total and complete changing of the Dominant Social Paradigm that has started with my mind lol. See there it is again dammn this baloney lol.
i posted about the sustainability of how many eggs i was consuming on the TSR during a bad period a couple of days ago lol, im just glad im taking this (marketing exam) tmrw (i think?) so i can be done with what seems like a total and complete changing of the Dominant Social Paradigm that has started with my mind lol. See there it is again dammn this baloney lol.

i mean that went completely over my head but good luck for tomorrow. may your sanity promptly return
Original post by troubletracking
i mean that went completely over my head but good luck for tomorrow. may your sanity promptly return

Just imagine how much of this waffle ive read to be able to say that 😂😂😅
Yeah it's such a weird time, I feel like the more you know the more you realise you don't know which is why you constantly fluctuate between confidence and feeling overwhelmed. I feel like the whole exam period for students is so unlike any other experience in life, it's just like an emotional rollercoaster. You have this incredible amount of stress for weeks-months and then walking out of your last exam all of that stress just stops, and then you move onto this kind of depressive, apathetic state where you can't remember how to function in day-to-day life without the stress of revision, then of course there is the nervousness about results' day.

Yeah.. I'd appreciate it if you didn't describe my life to a T thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've described me, post-exam, except the last sentence. After exams I have to haul my butt back to work. Shame I can't work and binge on beer (to soothe my post-exam depression) at the same time.

Damn. Life is so damned unfair.....:cry:
Original post by ThePricklyOne
You've described me, post-exam, except the last sentence. After exams I have to haul my butt back to work. Shame I can't work and binge on beer (to soothe my post-exam depression) at the same time.

Damn. Life is so damned unfair.....:cry:

Haha, to be fair, I added the beer comment to make the whole thing less miserable rather than it being a consistent practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending