The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous69gcse
reply plz

Yes that was source b the one with the simile.
wait so ur saying the sea engulfing the riders and the cork in water isnt in source b

I don’t know I sat the same paper for the same amount of time as you I can’t remember it either?
wait so ur saying the sea engulfing the riders and the cork in water isnt in source b

Source b had about the people being corks
Original post by lolololol1235e1
guys if i talked about the general similarities and differences in source b and a for question 2 , will i get any marks? or is it just a 0

You’ll get some marks, just not many
Original post by TruthHurtsok

yes i did the right thing then. i nearly had a heart attack. if ur saying what i said before was in source b im fine
Original post by Student303.1
You’ll get some marks, just not many

Original post by TruthHurtsok

JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP. Source B included “engulfment” and the simile:”bobbing up and down like corks in water”. This was SOURCE B. In hawaii.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lolololol1235e1
The thing is right , we are so limited on time that once we focus on something some of us dont think about it due to time pressure , gcses are a **** way of testing skill

Yeah exactly!! I’m so stupid I should’ve read he question I thought i did!! I looked at Q4 and it said ‘refer to the whole of the source’ so Im thinking ****!! So I look back and that’s when I realise but by then I should’ve already been half way through that question and the whole thing went to ****!!
JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP. Source B included “engulfment” and the simile:”bobbing up and down like corks in water”. This was SOURCE B. In hawaii.

thank god for that. okay false alarm everyone, i did the right thing
Original post by Beth286
Yeah exactly!! I’m so stupid I should’ve read he question I thought i did!! I looked at Q4 and it said ‘refer to the whole of the source’ so Im thinking ****!! So I look back and that’s when I realise but by then I should’ve already been half way through that question and the whole thing went to ****!!

Q4 was rushed for most people including me. They should’ve made the exam 2 hours in my opinion, but hey ho it’s done and everyone’s in the same boat for that question I think so.
that was a **** exam
also question 5 - can you write in a very informal tone for the article? because thats what i did... very informal and **** af
Q4 was rushed for most people including me. They should’ve made the exam 2 hours in my opinion, but hey ho it’s done and everyone’s in the same boat for that question I think so.

I just copied question 3 into question 4 and hoped for the best haha
thank god for that. okay false alarm everyone, i did the right thing

I did the same thing as you i literally almost went into cardiac arrest thinking id answered the wrong thing oh my ddaaaayyysss :')
Original post by AelinSardothein
that was a **** exam
also question 5 - can you write in a very informal tone for the article? because thats what i did... very informal and **** af

Yeah needed to b formal asf, I did that one first
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah needed to b formal asf, I did that one first

NO WAY?!
okay i've officially failed
Original post by Humayun786
I accidentally analysed source A by mistake instead of source B today in Aqa English language paper 2 question 3. I am completely stressed, will I not be able to gain any marks?

Me too!
I've emailed AQA to ask if I could still get some marks :/
+ I also asked my teacher if she could contact them
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Coolibah
Me too!
I've emailed AQA to ask if I could still get some marks :/
+ I also asked my teacher if she could contact them

can you let me know what they say please
Hate to burst your bubble, but if you’ve done the different source these subject terminology marksdo not count, but be remindful you had paper 1, and the rest of paper 2 to fall back on. Don’t worry if you feel confident with the rest. It’s out of 160 in total, meaning you could literally get 148/160 maxmimum still, hope this makes you feel better.

Surely you must be able to get at least 1 mark for SOMETHING, right? Even if the question was answered wrong you must be able to get a few marks for something. It just seems stupid that you would get no marks at all. But i guess that's GCSEs for you. Don't worry anyway, it was only 12 marks, there are plenty of other marks out there :smile:
Original post by Lozzylouise
Surely you must be able to get at least 1 mark for SOMETHING, right? Even if the question was answered wrong you must be able to get a few marks for something. It just seems stupid that you would get no marks at all. But i guess that's GCSEs for you. Don't worry anyway, it was only 12 marks, there are plenty of other marks out there :smile:

Yeah well I mean if some points you have made are relevant enough that is similar to source B they might, but it’s doubtful as you haven’t really answered the question properly if done the other source.
Yeah well I mean if some points you have made are relevant enough that is similar to source B they might, but it’s doubtful as you haven’t really answered the question properly if done the other source.

I hate to bring up another panic about this paper, but did anyone accidently not see the part on question 3 where it said use lines 18-25? I finished early and thank goodness i realised and was able to fix most of it before it was too late.
Anyone else...?
Original post by Beth286
I did the same thing lol goodbye my target 8 grade

Same, I was predicted an 8 and I messed both papers up ☹️

Latest

Trending

Trending