The Student Room Group

Failing my Final Year Project

I am a final year undergraduate student studying engineering at the university of Sheffield. I am a bit worried about my final year project as I have got results next to nothing. I keep on trying but fail. I have a very bad feeling that I wouldn't clear my project.
What happen if I don't clear my project? Will I not get a degree? Even if I get a degree will it be with honours or not? Do they fail students if they don't get any results?

It just keeps on worrying me as I have spent a lot on my education and would feel really bad if I fail it.
What happen? Did you get away with your project?
Original post by Sasasararara
What happen? Did you get away with your project?

This user hasn't been active since the day after they made this post (over two years ago), if you have a similar situation you would probably be better advised to make a new thread.

That said, usually the process for failing the dissertation or project, but passing overall, is that you'll be awarded an ordinary degree instead of an honours degree (unless they feel the fail is borderline and you've done very well across the board otherwise).

A friend of mine that did engineering and didn't submit a project/dissertation at all and just scraped a pass overall with his exams balanced against that 0 in a quarter of his final year work was awarded an ordinary degree. However as he didn't submit for this, it was technically an incomplete module, and not merely just failed; had he submitted something not satisfactory, it is possible he would have had the option to resubmit it or retake the year.

Latest

Trending

Trending