The Student Room Group

Help choosing an automatic car? Toyota Yaris or Hyundai i10?

Hi,
Firstly, if anyone’s planning on roasting me about wanting automatic then just leave now(!)

Anyways, I’ve been looking at buying an auto but I’m stuck as to which. At first I wanted a Toyota Yaris but from 2006-2012 they were ‘multi mode transmission’ which has bad reviews. I wouldn’t want one older than 2006 particularly as there’s more chance of something going wrong with it and I can’t afford one newer than 2012. I’m now looking at a Hyundai i10 or a Kia Picanto (probably 2009/10 plate) but I can’t find any reviews of them for the automatic model so I’m not sure if they’re any good. I’m looking at spending under £3k.

Has anyone had any experience with these cars or can recommend another? X
I think Kia Picanto’s are good. But i dont know whether you will get them in ur price range. But keep looking.
Original post by AlexaB05
I think Kia Picanto’s are good. But i dont know whether you will get them in ur price range. But keep looking.

Thank you! X
And I’ve found a 2009 one I like for £2850 with 50,000 miles on the clock :smile: x
I have a Hyundai i10 and it's a great car. Much better equipped than the fiesta and other cars at the price point. Mine's a manual though so I can't say how good the automatic transmission is.
Reply 5
Toyota wins every time as theyre more reliable
Original post by megan.louiseeee
Thank you! X
And I’ve found a 2009 one I like for £2850 with 50,000 miles on the clock :smile: x

That sounds good. 😊
Original post by 1Hunnid
Toyota wins every time as theyre more reliable

That’s why I originally wanted one but I’m not sure I’d want an automatic from 2004 😬
Reply 8
I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806167568114?atmobcid=soc3

What about something like this? Looks better than both of em
Original post by 1Hunnid
I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806167568114?atmobcid=soc3

What about something like this? Looks better than both of em

It’s a lovely little car but again it’s in Toyota’s years of ‘multi mode transmission’ which is apparently very jerky and unpleasant to drive (although I don’t have personal experience). Thank you for looking though! I hadn’t really considered an Auris until now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending