The Student Room Group

Volkswagen or Toyota?

I want a cute looking car, and to me the Volkswagen polo is more popular amongst people my age, but I really like the new Toyota Yaris, it just looks cute, but I don’t see many young people with these cars? I’m pretty young and want to look cool in the car I drive so would love some advice on which car you guys prefer!

D285F53E-AA4A-48CD-AEDE-AC046C82062E.jpeg
7366D236-3723-4AF8-BB3D-521E852D9BA7.jpg
Original post by Henners1
I want a cute looking car, and to me the Volkswagen polo is more popular amongst people my age, but I really like the new Toyota Yaris, it just looks cute, but I don’t see many young people with these cars? I’m pretty young and want to look cool in the car I drive so would love some advice on which car you guys prefer!

Like the design of the Toyota car more than the one of Volkswagen too. Take this, if you like it! your money, your car, your decision, your taste. public opinion shouldn't care you.
Reply 2

Can you afford to insure them?

Personally I think the Up! is cuter ...
Reply 3
Original post by Kallisto
Like the design of the Toyota car more than the one of Volkswagen too. Take this, if you like it! your money, your car, your decision, your taste. public opinion shouldn't care you.

This is actually what I needed to hear! I should get the Toyota as I love it. Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Can you afford to insure them?

Personally I think the Up! is cuter ...

Yes I’ve done quotes on both :smile: I’ve looked at the UP and love the, but just too small for what I need it for. Although it’s so cute

Volkswagen the winner for me just think of it that car with a customised number plate OOOOF
Reply 6
Yes I’ve done quotes on both :smile: I’ve looked at the UP and love the, but just too small for what I need it for. Although it’s so cute

Too small? My son goes camping [with all the stuff] in his Citigo which is the same size. They are roomy inside .. more storage than you would think.
This is actually what I needed to hear! I should get the Toyota as I love it. Thank you :smile:

Honestly, I don't like the most German brands and designs. I am glad that I encouraged you.
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
Too small? My son goes camping [with all the stuff] in his Citigo which is the same size. They are roomy inside .. more storage than you would think.

Ahh I never realised, maybe this could be a better option and I should try and arrange to see one in person, certainly could use with saving some money too ahah
Reply 9
Honestly, I don't like the most German brands and designs. I am glad that I encouraged you.

Yes thanks! I’m so close to just going for the Toyota now aha
Out of the two, I would probably go for the Toyota. Although the VW polo looks good too I think the Toyota is the better choice.
Reply 11
Original post by scorpion95
Out of the two, I would probably go for the Toyota. Although the VW polo looks good too I think the Toyota is the better choice.

Hi thanks for your reply! Do you think the Toyota looks cool/sporty/cute?
Reply 12
Have had both Toyotas and VW’s of all sizes and for reliability etc there’s nothing in it. However, Toyota is a lot more expensive to maintain for services and spares.
Yes thanks! I’m so close to just going for the Toyota now aha

I thought that you already own it. :redface:

I also like the colour of that car more, not the design only.
Reply 14
I thought that you already own it. :redface:

I also like the colour of that car more, not the design only.

Looks like that’s gonna be the car then! Thank you everyone who replies and helped me out with my decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending