The Student Room Group
I mean I doubt any of them are not fine. I would recommend a debit because it is your money at the end of the day whilst credit is more the banks money that you have to pay back. No headaches later in life with debt or payments monthly.
Original post by monkeyman0121
I mean I doubt any of them are not fine. I would recommend a debit because it is your money at the end of the day whilst credit is more the banks money that you have to pay back. No headaches later in life with debt or payments monthly.

So debit card will be accepted good have no credit card and after the experience people I know have had with them I don’t intend on getting one anytime soon
Yeah, I've used debit cards at various chain hotels.

sometimes they'll do a pre-authorisation check to make sure you've got enough in your account before booking you in.
Original post by Studentboy783
So to rent a hotel will I need a credit card or will a debit card be ok. Looking at premier inn’s if that helps.

Sometimes there is an extra charge for using credit cards as opposed to debit cards, so it's always worth checking on that when booking.

Some hotels (not Premier Inn) take a 'reserved amount' from a card when booking (or arriving at the hotel) which is allegedly to cover any possible expenses you will incur whilst there. This is something to be cautious about when using a debit card - if they block out a large amount by reserving it (even if you don't actually spend it in the end) it will prevent you from using that money whilst they hold that reserved amount.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Sometimes there is an extra charge for using credit cards as opposed to debit cards, so it's always worth checking on that when booking.

Some hotels (not Premier Inn) take a 'reserved amount' from a card when booking (or arriving at the hotel) which is allegedly to cover any possible expenses you will incur whilst there. This is something to be cautious about when using a debit card - if they block out a large amount by reserving it (even if you don't actually spend it in the end) it will prevent you from using that money whilst they hold that reserved amount.

Well I’m 99% sure I’d be using only premier inn since they’re basically the Nandos of hotels in that they’re reasonably good, the prices aren’t insane and they’re a chain
Reply 6
anything is fine

debit card pays directly whilst credit card gives you time to pay it off
Reply 7
To rent the entire hotel?
Original post by Studentboy783
So to rent a hotel will I need a credit card or will a debit card be ok. Looking at premier inn’s if that helps.

To be quite honest with you mate, no one knows. My advice is to pay in cash for everything as the government can't track your purchases, making it easier to go off the radar after the kill. Just some useful information for you.
Original post by Supreme Autist
To be quite honest with you mate, no one knows. My advice is to pay in cash for everything as the government can't track your purchases, making it easier to go off the radar after the kill. Just some useful information for you.

That would be a problem since you need ID to pay with cash and I have no ID whatsoever not even a valid passport
Debit card is fine at premier inn

Latest

Trending

Trending