The Student Room Group

Archeology at Cambridge

Hi all,
I am a current Year 12 Student with the desire to study Archeology at Cambridge, however i feel that my GCSE results are not strong enough for an application.
I was just wondering if there was any way that i could boost my application to make up for 'lacklustre' GCSE's.
Are there any books/podcasts etc that i could use? Or is there little point in applying.
Thanks !
Original post by xo_charlotte_xo
Hi all,
I am a current Year 12 Student with the desire to study Archeology at Cambridge, however i feel that my GCSE results are not strong enough for an application.
I was just wondering if there was any way that i could boost my application to make up for 'lacklustre' GCSE's.
Are there any books/podcasts etc that i could use? Or is there little point in applying.
Thanks !

What were your GCSE results, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by xo_charlotte_xo
Hi all,
Thanks !

Poor GCSEs are never in themselves enough to scupper an application, so I wouldn't worry about that. There's a lot more that goes into whether or not an applicant is offered a place than just GCSE!

What are the results. I suspect that 'not strong enough' is a TSR version...
Original post by Edminzodo
What were your GCSE results, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you for the reply i got:
4 x grade 9's ( Drama/RE/History/English Lit) 1 x grade 8 3 X grade 7's a grade 6 and a grade 5
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
Poor GCSEs are never in themselves enough to scupper an application, so I wouldn't worry about that. There's a lot more that goes into whether or not an applicant is offered a place than just GCSE!

What are the results. I suspect that 'not strong enough' is a TSR version...

Thank you for the reply, it is a great relief to hear this !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending