The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kateroseco
Hi everyone,

bit worried about my application tbh...
I got a Band 1 so im happy with that but a 2480 overall and I have 2 A*s 7 As and 1 B with a A* AA predicted for a levels. Also have a lot of experience

Anyone have any advice?

You score max 12/20 for academics, 6/6 for SJT and would have had 4 or 3 for UKCAT the last 3 years, so max of 22/34 with 6 still available for PS. See posts above for historical cut offs
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering for int'l students, what's the cut off score out of 40 to be applied? I am scoring as 20/20 for academics, 8/12 for the cat test, and hopefully making a score of 35/40.

Many thanks.
Original post by GANFYD
You score max 12/20 for academics, 6/6 for SJT and would have had 4 or 3 for UKCAT the last 3 years, so max of 22/34 with 6 still available for PS. See posts above for historical cut offs

Ah i see. So not worth an application?
Reply 23
Original post by kateroseco
Ah i see. So not worth an application?

I would have thought not
Hi everyone,

I'm a UK applicant and I'm applying to Edinburgh and I was wondering if anyone knows long it takes for them to send out offers/rejections? Just because obviously they don't interview so is it generally slower or quicker than other med schools?

(Also if anyone's interested my UKCAT was 825 average with Band 1, I got 11A* at GCSE and I'm predicted A*A*A*A)
Reply 25
Hello there :biggrin:

Im an international student looking to apply to edinburgh but not sure if my stats are strong enough. I achieved A*AA in maths chem bio respectively and got 660 avg ukcat with band 2. Is it wise to apply to edinburgh or should I choose a less ukcat demanding uni such as glasgow?

Thanks in advance for any responses ! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Hi
I want to apply to Edinburgh 2019 entry. Just wondering how they score Personal Statement... any tips wud be helpful :smile:
Cheers
Hi!

I am a Scottish student wondering what the likelihood of getting an offer from Edinburgh would be.

National 5: 7 A’s
Highers: 5 A’s
Predicted: AAAA (3 Advanced Highers and a crash Higher)
UKCAT: 690 average, SJT band 2.

I would hope that my personal statement would get 4/6 or 5/6.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 5 years ago)
Check the Edinburgh Selectors Handbook 2018 online as there is a brief description of what they check in the personal statement For a Scottish applicant you need a score of 35 or 36 minimum but that figure could go up or downNo way unfortunately of knowing what the figure will be
Original post by GANFYD
I think there is every likelihood of you being in the top octile for UKCAT, and if you are in the 2nd, you will only drop 1 point. In the past, Home applicants have needed 34+ for an offer, so looking good!!

I have received an e mail from Edinburgh admissions stating that 35 / 36 is needed but that figure can go up or down
Look up online the Edinburgh Admissions Selectors Handbook and it will give you the details of how they score the ps
Reply 31
Original post by Ipiranga
I have received an e mail from Edinburgh admissions stating that 35 / 36 is needed but that figure can go up or down

Yes, 35, 36, 36, 37 last 4 years from 2017/18 for RUK; 35, 36, 35, 36 Home/EU
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, 35, 36, 36, 37 last 4 years from 2017/18 for RUK; 35, 36, 35, 36 Home/EU

GANFYD I have a score of 20 for my academics as all A’s for 8 Nat 5 6 Higher's and predicted 3 A’s My UKCAT is 2600 Band 1 so I think that takes me up to 31 or 30 Would you have any knowledge about what percentage of applicants get a 6 or a 5 or a 4 for the non academic scoring as I am on the margins of the threshold
I am a Scottish school leaver with a lot of extra curricular but don’t know how I will be scored
Reply 33
GANFYD I have a score of 20 for my academics as all A’s for 8 Nat 5 6 Higher's and predicted 3 A’s My UKCAT is 2600 Band 1 so I think that takes me up to 31 or 30 Would you have any knowledge about what percentage of applicants get a 6 or a 5 or a 4 for the non academic scoring as I am on the margins of the threshold
I am a Scottish school leaver with a lot of extra curricular but don’t know how I will be scored

Previous years, Edinburgh have said only around 10% of applicants should get full marks, beyond that, I don't know, I'm afraid
Original post by GANFYD
Previous years, Edinburgh have said only around 10% of applicants should get full marks, beyond that, I don't know, I'm afraid

Thanks, I am going to phone them today to see if I can find out, if I do I will let you know
Thanks, I am going to phone them today to see if I can find out, if I do I will let you know

I'm in a similar situation to you, how did your phone call go? :smile:
I’ve applied to Edinburgh, heard they only send out offers in March however so it will be a long and nervous wait 😬
Got 2950 (737.5 average) and Band 1
Got 887 and 6A*s at GCSEs
Predicted A*A*A*
AAAA at AS level
So I should get full marks for sjt, ukcat, academics but worried about personal statement cos even tho I’m happy with it, scoring feels like it could be really subjective so I don’t know how many points I’ll get, although I’m hoping for 4/6 so I should get 38/40, I’m a RUK student but hopefully that score might be enough 😬
Original post by cameron2101

I phoned them and they asked me to e mail them which I have done this morning but no reply as yet, hopefully I will hear back next week and will let you know
Original post by cameron2101

I phoned this morning and they asked me to e mail them so still waiting for a reply
Have e mailed but no reply as yet

Latest

Trending

Trending