The Student Room Group

Would someone be able to help with this sources question?

so the question reads:

To what extent was Henry VII's reign threatened by pretenders to the throne?

because i can't attach the sources i will write them out.

Source 1:

When he captured Lambert simnel, the young trademan's son who led the first revolt against him and was crowned King of England in Dublin, he did not put him to death, but employed him as a servant in his household. When he defeated and captured a second and far more dangerous pretender, Perkin Warbeck, he spared his life, and it was only after warbeck had twice tried to escape that he was executed.
( Jasper Ridley, Henry VII - 1984)

Source 2:

Of the revolts faced by Henry VII, the most serious were those with dynastic intentions. The imposture of Lambert Simnel as the imprisoned nephew of Edward IV, earl of Warwick, however exotic, was much more menacing, because it occurred within two years of Bosworth. Perkin Warbeck's imposture as Edward IV's younger son, Richard of York, during the 1490's was more easily contained, despite Scottish and European intervention. Simnel was routed at the battle of Stoke: his promoters were slain or imprisoned, and the young imposter was taken into the royal household as a servant. Warbeck fell into Henry's hands in October 1497; before long he had abused the king's leniency and so was hanged( 23 November 1499)
( John Guy, Tudor England - 1986)

If you could help me understand which of the two sources is more convincing and why? And if you could also show me how to analyse them and how to compare them

thank you very much
Yes that would be great!
Original post by shannon-emma
Yes that would be great!

The above post is an essay writing service for which you will have to pay an extortionate amount of money.
Original post by Seamus123
The above post is an essay writing service for which you will have to pay an extortionate amount of money.

Really oh well i just need help for free

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending