The Student Room Group

Tate00's GYG take 2 - trying to survive A-levels

Hello and welcome to my Grow Your Grades Blog!!

I know I'm a little late to the game, but hopefully I can use this blog as my little companion to get me through year 13, my final year of school before uni (scary af!)

Before I start blogging let me give you guys a quick recap of my journey so far (spoiler alert: it's not great)

Spoiler

I did start a GYG blog last year, but I did abandon it last year due to being stressed and I totally regret it. Hopefully this time this will be the perfect log of both my academic and mental health journey. I am ready to kick A-levels in the butt and slay my way to A*s! and I can't wait for you guys to join me x.

Current Predicted Grades

Spoiler

University news

Spoiler

Anyway, I hope for plenty of you to join me on my journey to As and A*s across the board (hopefully) and watch me grow my grades!

Tate xxx
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Gd luck! Hope you do well!
Reply 3
Good luck!! :rave:
Reply 4
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Gd luck! Hope you do well!

Thanks hun! If you have a blog link me to it and I'll be happy to check it out
Original post by Tate00
Thanks hun! If you have a blog link me to it and I'll be happy to check it out

sure ill tag u
Reply 6
Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck!! :rave:

Thank you!
Reply 7
GYG Week 1: Highs and lows in the world of Tate00

08/10/18:
Today was quite a slow start to the week, I was in such a low mood today and despite having a sh*t-ton of work, I decided to do nothing which is pretty stupid. But I guess you can’t force yourself to work…
In other news, I have 2 tests to revise for (one of which I should’ve done last Monday but I wasn’t in school ehh, I had a lesson today and he hasn’t mentioned it). I’ve done some revision for them, but I haven’t made flashcards yet. I want to get them done ASAP so I’m not panicking by the time mocks come (mine are in December). Hopefully I get some motivation soon :/

09/10/18:
It’s finally hit me, I’ve got so much work to do and I need to catch up BIG TIME! I’ve got my DT coursework due in less than a month and I’m nowhere near finishing, I’ve still got to revise for 2 economics tests AND finish off the cover work for one of my lessons, finish my UCAS for the 15th of October (my school likes to have it done ridiculously early even if you’re not applying for Oxbridge/ medicine), and keep on top of maths if I want an A. I am absolutely panicking and need to make an action plan. I’ve decided to be productive for once of my life, so I am planning on doing work after I finish this update. I thought if I actually make a list of what I need to finish, I will actually have more motivation since it’s super rewarding to tick off a completed task
I’ll deffo update on how well (or badly) this went tomorrow x

10/10/18:
I was very productive today, and I’m SUPER PROUD! While I haven’t completed everything that I needed to today, I’ve done much more that what I’d usually do and that’s what matters. I actually listed what I needed to do and crossed off all but one task. Maybe a plan of action was what I was missing all this time.
For extracurricular stuff, I went to the gym for the first time today! This totally helped clear my mind of all the stress I’ve recently experienced (although it also made me realise how unfit I am XD). Overall this was somewhat a good day and I feel like this could be a sign that my life will become more organised and less of a mess. :rave:

11/10/18:
Today I had an economics test. I did do revision (though it was last minute :s-smilie:), but ngl I still struggled with it and did find myself bullsh*tting in the last question. It didn’t help that I wasn’t in when the test was announced, so I didn’t revise a whole part from year 1 which left me clueless on that question. Oh well, you live and learn, and hopefully I didn’t do as badly as I thought.
After school I didn’t do anything because 1) I kinda needed a break from the hard revision and 2) it was my brother’s birthday, so I wanted to celebrate that.

12/10/18:
Overall, it was a pretty average day of school today, I had maths and DT today, so it was pretty calm. For once in my life I actually understand everything in maths A-level so for in year 13, so I aim to practice so I can keep it up, so I can focus on re-learning year 1. In DT I’m still SUPER BEHIND on my coursework, and I’ve only got a month to catch up. The problem is I keep on procrastinating because of how much work I have (quite the dilemma:dontknow:).
I didn’t do anything afterschool today (but I was meant to continue with my coursework), and then I went to work.

Anyway, this is getting a bit hefty, sorry if this a bit big and boring to read. I might update the blog twice a week, so people stay engaged. So, this was my school week and I hope you enjoyed reading (but probs not, it was quite a dead week).

If you want to be tagged, reply and I’ll add you to the list. I’m happy to check out anyone else’s blog.
Toodles! :hi:
Can I be tagged?:hugs:
Best of luck:wink:
Economics:woo:
Reply 9
Original post by Toastiekid
Can I be tagged?:hugs:
Best of luck:wink:
Economics:woo:

Sure, thanks boo x
Reply 10

Tags

Just in case anyone who followed my (failed) journey wants to follow me again this year (just tell me if you don't) x
(edited 4 years ago)
I have the same problem of procrastinating when I have too much to do. What I usually do is I will write everything down and the deadlines, completely filter out things that has low priority or makes no difference to yourself for the next few days (eg submitting UCAS application > a small test on Chemistry).
Btw can you add me into your tag list? I also have a blog in case you want to check it out. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by je m'en fiche
I have the same problem of procrastinating when I have too much to do. What I usually do is I will write everything down and the deadlines, completely filter out things that has low priority or makes no difference to yourself for the next few days (eg submitting UCAS application > a small test on Chemistry).
Btw can you add me into your tag list? I also have a blog in case you want to check it out. :smile:

Thanks for the tip, I’ll add you to my tag list. Btw I’m more than happy to check out your blog
Original post by Tate00

GYG Week 1: Highs and lows in the world of Tate00

08/10/18:
Today was quite a slow start to the week, I was in such a low mood today and despite having a sh*t-ton of work, I decided to do nothing which is pretty stupid. But I guess you can’t force yourself to work…
In other news, I have 2 tests to revise for (one of which I should’ve done last Monday but I wasn’t in school ehh, I had a lesson today and he hasn’t mentioned it). I’ve done some revision for them, but I haven’t made flashcards yet. I want to get them done ASAP so I’m not panicking by the time mocks come (mine are in December). Hopefully I get some motivation soon :/

09/10/18:
It’s finally hit me, I’ve got so much work to do and I need to catch up BIG TIME! I’ve got my DT coursework due in less than a month and I’m nowhere near finishing, I’ve still got to revise for 2 economics tests AND finish off the cover work for one of my lessons, finish my UCAS for the 15th of October (my school likes to have it done ridiculously early even if you’re not applying for Oxbridge/ medicine), and keep on top of maths if I want an A. I am absolutely panicking and need to make an action plan. I’ve decided to be productive for once of my life, so I am planning on doing work after I finish this update. I thought if I actually make a list of what I need to finish, I will actually have more motivation since it’s super rewarding to tick off a completed task
I’ll deffo update on how well (or badly) this went tomorrow x

10/10/18:
I was very productive today, and I’m SUPER PROUD! While I haven’t completed everything that I needed to today, I’ve done much more that what I’d usually do and that’s what matters. I actually listed what I needed to do and crossed off all but one task. Maybe a plan of action was what I was missing all this time.
For extracurricular stuff, I went to the gym for the first time today! This totally helped clear my mind of all the stress I’ve recently experienced (although it also made me realise how unfit I am XD). Overall this was somewhat a good day and I feel like this could be a sign that my life will become more organised and less of a mess. :rave:

11/10/18:
Today I had an economics test. I did do revision (though it was last minute :s-smilie:), but ngl I still struggled with it and did find myself bullsh*tting in the last question. It didn’t help that I wasn’t in when the test was announced, so I didn’t revise a whole part from year 1 which left me clueless on that question. Oh well, you live and learn, and hopefully I didn’t do as badly as I thought.
After school I didn’t do anything because 1) I kinda needed a break from the hard revision and 2) it was my brother’s birthday, so I wanted to celebrate that.

12/10/18:
Overall, it was a pretty average day of school today, I had maths and DT today, so it was pretty calm. For once in my life I actually understand everything in maths A-level so for in year 13, so I aim to practice so I can keep it up, so I can focus on re-learning year 1. In DT I’m still SUPER BEHIND on my coursework, and I’ve only got a month to catch up. The problem is I keep on procrastinating because of how much work I have (quite the dilemma:dontknow:).
I didn’t do anything afterschool today (but I was meant to continue with my coursework), and then I went to work.

Anyway, this is getting a bit hefty, sorry if this a bit big and boring to read. I might update the blog twice a week, so people stay engaged. So, this was my school week and I hope you enjoyed reading (but probs not, it was quite a dead week).

If you want to be tagged, reply and I’ll add you to the list. I’m happy to check out anyone else’s blog.
Toodles! :hi:

KEEP GOING! KEEP PUSHING! You can do this!
Reply 14
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
KEEP GOING! KEEP PUSHING! You can do this!

Thanks for the support x
Original post by Tate00
Thanks for the support x

NP!
Hi, could I be added to the tag list please?
Glad you're being productive :hugs:
@Tate00

Original post by Tate00

Tags

Just in case anyone who followed my (failed) journey wants to follow me again this year (just tell me if you don't) x

Add me lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
@nyxnko_ @Rolls_Reus_0wner added x (hopefully will get next post uploaded today)
Original post by Tate00
@nyxnko_ @Rolls_Reus_0wner added x (hopefully will get next post uploaded today)

aight thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending