The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I’ve had mine today and optimistically felt it went well though it’s always hard to tell! No information for timescales but she said she thinks I was one of the last to interview in Leeds so perhaps my wait will be shorter than the others before me 🙄 Yeaterday i was offered a university job for January that is only six months fixed contract so I might have to accept that while still waiting to hear on this... they seemed flexible with start dates/delay expected so who knows maybe it could be perfect timing at the end of that role for me 😂
Original post by MissB456
I’ve had mine today and optimistically felt it went well though it’s always hard to tell! No information for timescales but she said she thinks I was one of the last to interview in Leeds so perhaps my wait will be shorter than the others before me 🙄 Yeaterday i was offered a university job for January that is only six months fixed contract so I might have to accept that while still waiting to hear on this... they seemed flexible with start dates/delay expected so who knows maybe it could be perfect timing at the end of that role for me 😂

Questions???
Questions were as expected really. One for each competency and they told you which one was for which. They weren’t trying to trick you at all and then asked generic why do you want the job/what skills at the end of the interview :smile:
Original post by MissB456

Definitely accept the uni job. With the background and security check, it could easily be that long before you can start even if all the checks go smoothly.
I got my results back from my interview this week and with that came a provisional offer which I have accepted. Just waiting for my pre-employment checks which I imagine will take a while. Don’t realistically believe I will be starting this year and they said it could be a wait as long as April for some as they are limited to 18 per training course.
Original post by joesharpe94
I got my results back from my interview this week and with that came a provisional offer which I have accepted. Just waiting for my pre-employment checks which I imagine will take a while. Don’t realistically believe I will be starting this year and they said it could be a wait as long as April for some as they are limited to 18 per training course.

You got your results and job offer at the same time,?

Where is that for?

That is excellent

Well, the "pre-employment checks" would probably be done before Christmas depending on how long it takes to confirm location and hence actually allow you to start the checks. The security clearance checks which would only start after that however, could be a few months.
Original post by Man from bath

If you're waiting for result of final interview, then it's either going to be "we're sorry, you weren't successful" or "congratulations, we're making you a provisional offer subject to pre-employment checks and obtaining security clearance".
Original post by Man from bath

Where is that for?

That is excellent

No I got my results when the person on here told me they were up, think I checked last Friday. Then my provisional offer came on Wednesday this week.

It’s for the London office.
Original post by OnceUponAStudent
Well, the "pre-employment checks" would probably be done before Christmas depending on how long it takes to confirm location and hence actually allow you to start the checks. The security clearance checks which would only start after that however, could be a few months.

If you're waiting for result of final interview, then it's either going to be "we're sorry, you weren't successful" or "congratulations, we're making you a provisional offer subject to pre-employment checks and obtaining security clearance".

No it isn’t, most of the time it’s congrats you passed and are now on a waiting list
Fair enough. Have never personally be wait listed after the interview, only before, so kinda forgot about that. So yeah, 3 options.
Reply 90
No I got my results when the person on here told me they were up, think I checked last Friday. Then my provisional offer came on Wednesday this week.

It’s for the London office.

What scores did you get at the interview stage if you don't mind me asking?
I got my provisional offer the same time as Joe did above, got three 5s at interview but I am pretty sure that's because I've had no actual experience in this line of work so my examples could not allow me to reach those heights, however my interview went better than the scores suggest. My online tests were among the best in the country. Mine is also the London office. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Also, mine doesn't say subject to security clearance, it simply says pre-employment checks.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm suprised if it doesn't say or at least mean to include that. The HMRC Criminal Investigator roles that were advertised back in July said the role requires SC clearance. All Civil Service employees have to meet the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, which is basically standard DBS and references, i.e. the pre-employment checks. If the role requires a security clearance above and beyond BPSS, that is done seperately after.
Original post by OnceUponAStudent
I'm suprised if it doesn't say or at least mean to include that. The HMRC Criminal Investigator roles that were advertised back in July said the role requires SC clearance. All Civil Service employees have to meet the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, which is basically standard DBS and references, i.e. the pre-employment checks. If the role requires a security clearance above and beyond BPSS, that is done seperately after.

It's odd because they basically wrote and said after pre-employment checks are complete they will agree a start date with me. No mention of this security clearance but if it's implied then this wasn't communicated effectively at face value.
Pre employment checks include security checks.
Reply 95
Had my interview today. Think it went pretty well! How did everybody else feel theirs went? Any other Belfast applicants?
Original post by Plydva
What scores did you get at the interview stage if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry I also scored three 5’s at the interview stage. I was quite surprised I got it with them scores but believe I have more to offer than the scores suggest as I am only just coming out of university so have little work experience.
i Had the interview at the beginning of September. I deliberately scheduled it on the last week, hoping that I wouldn’t have to wait too long for the feedback but they decided to extend the interview period for another 4 weeks. There was about 170 interviews scheduled before this so you can imagine it closer to 250 - 300. 93 positions where available. At the end of October I was notified that I scored 5 for everything and was given a provisional offer. I have now been waiting for 4 weeks and counting for all my pre employment checks to come back. Once that is back (successfully) then I will be given a start date which jumps straight into training.
I was on the reserve list for Newcastle, got offered a job in late November, just got my pre-employment screening completed late January and have a provisional start date of mid-April, once all the courses are sorted out.
Original post by DerbyDad
How long were you on the reserve list for?

Just over one month; I asked if I could get an idea of where I was (ie next in line, or 7th/8th on the list) and they replied and said that they were in discussions around increasing the number of posts in Newcastle, and said I should get back to them if I hadn't heard anything after 28 days (very unusual for the Civil Service, it's usually 'don't call us we'll call you'). So I did, and a few days later I was told I was provisionally being offered a job. Probably a coincidence, but it never hurts to keep giving a gentle nudge in their general direction.

Latest

Trending

Trending