The Student Room Group

Cambridge PBS 2019 entry thread :)

Hi all!

I've applied to study Psychological behavioural sciences at Cambridge - Jesus college.

For a bit of background please visit my thread titled: Ariel's journey to 3A*s

Cambridge university
PBS
College: Jesus college
Predicted grades: A*, A*, A*

Who else applied to study PBS for 2019 entry?
What colleges?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I applied to study PBS, 2019 entry at Fitzwilliam :smile:
Reply 2
heyI applied for PBS at Christ’s college and I am predicted A* A* A* with an A* in the EPQ
(edited 5 years ago)
@ALL JESUS COLLEGE APPLICANTS :tongue:
Just phoned Jesus College admissions office regarding PBS interviews

The admissions coordinator informed me that anyone applying to JESUS college (like myself) should be receiving interviews over the next couple of days, she said they are "currently working on them".

She said JESUS college DO offer accomodation too which is great!

Good Luck to you all! :smile:
I'm actually freaking out :frown:

I am nothing compared to the other applicants I'm terms of intellectual ability.

I just hope they do look at the application holistically because I don't think I did very well on the admissions assessment for PBS :frown:

Jesus haven't sent out any offers yet according to the spreadsheet so I'm hopefull!

I wish you all the best!
If any of you want to watch any motivational videos I love the 'Motivation 2 Study' channel!

It's great!

Here are some videos :smile:

https://youtu.be/RASgqPsVXUM

^ This is a really sad video... Must watch.

https://youtu.be/kVvMkAer3Ls

https://youtu.be/iO6lvhUFLJY

https://youtu.be/YwIXNmwy-MQ

Enjoy :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Just heard from Jesus about a PBS interview on the 3rd, can’t believe it! 😄
Original post by tillyhead
Just heard from Jesus about a PBS interview on the 3rd, can’t believe it! 😄

Well done!!!!
Congratulations!
I'm waiting... :colondollar:

Not much hope for me ... We'll see! :smile:
Original post by Ariel2611
Well done!!!!
Congratulations!
I'm waiting... :colondollar:

Not much hope for me ... We'll see! :smile:

Thank you!
Stay positive, I didn’t have much hope either, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! X
I’ve applied for PBS as well! At Selwyn - I’m studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry - I don’t do psychology or essay subjects so I feel like I’m at such a disadvantage :/
Original post by mahtabmimi
I’ve applied for PBS as well! At Selwyn - I’m studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry - I don’t do psychology or essay subjects so I feel like I’m at such a disadvantage :/

Welcome!
You're not at a disadvantage at all!
Biology will help you a lot and all of the course content is new... None of it is content you should have already learnt.

You'll learn everything in lectures etc

You'll be fine! :smile:
Good luck! :smile:
Quick update for all Jesus college applicants

Just been informed by admissions at Jesus college that they expect all interviews to be out / sent by latest Wednesday 21st November 2018!

I asked about PBS but I'm sure this is for all subjects

Good luck!
I got an interview offer!!
I got an interview offer!!

Yay! Put it on the spreadsheet! :smile:
From Jesus?
Yay! Put it on the spreadsheet! :smile:
From Jesus?

Selwyn!
Selwyn!

Well done! :smile:
Hello everyone :frown:

Just heard back from Jesus college and found out that my application to study PBS was not successful. :frown:
I'm ever so distraught, heartbroken and angry at myself for not trying harder.
I prayed & prayed but inevitably I honestly knew deep down down that I wasn't going to be successful.
I'm still going to strive & try my hardest. I'm going to work hard & I'm going to get them 3 A*s. If anything this experience has taught me it's that I'm so lucky and that I should take every bad experience and use it as motivation to become successful! :smile:

Congratulations to all those who have gotten an interview! :smile:

This was one stressfull, lengthy and very frustrating experience... But at the end of the day god knows what's right for me and this clearly wasn't.

Thank you for all of your support and kindness over this past year. It has been a true reward to have met so many wonderful people here and I wish you all the best!

Thank you very much ! :smile:

I will still be posting on my GYG whenever I can. But for now I'm going to be un-watching any Cambridge related posts and focusing on my education because I am ever so thankful to have the opportunities I have now :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello everyone :frown:

Just heard back from Jesus college and found out that my application to study PBS was not successful. :frown:
I'm ever so distraught, heartbroken and angry at myself for not trying harder.
I prayed & prayed but inevitably I honestly knew deep down down that I wasn't going to be successful.
I'm still going to strive & try my hardest. I'm going to work hard & I'm going to get them 3 A*s. If anything this experience has taught me it's that I'm so lucky and that I should take every bad experience and use it as motivation to become successful! :smile:

Congratulations to all those who have gotten an interview! :smile:

This was one stressfull, lengthy and very frustrating experience... But at the end of the day god knows what's right for me and this clearly wasn't.

Thank you for all of your support and kindness over this past year. It has been a true reward to have met so many wonderful people here and I wish you all the best!

Thank you very much ! :smile:

I will still be posting on my GYG whenever I can. But for now I'm going to be un-watching any Cambridge related posts and focusing on my education because I am ever so thankful to have the opportunities I have now :smile:

aw no!! that must be heartbreaking but it’s great that you’re taking it on the chin and I everything does happen for a reason :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending