The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josiediaby
Right, thanks for the tips and good luckkk. Not at all, my GCSE’s were A*A*AABBBBCC Distinction, Merit and my UKCAT score was 2410

Awesome. Good luck!
Original post by aspiringmedic000
Hey!

I haven't seen any thread for the University of Leicester foundation medicine course for 2019 entry so thought I'd start one.

I have applied for this course and my stats are as follows:

GCSE: (equivalent to) 7A* 2A
A2 predicted: BBB
UKCAT: 2550 (637.5)
SJT Band: 2
Interview?

Feel free to post your stats everyone and any other relevant info/questions :biggrin: and best of luck to everyone who has applied! :smile:

Have you had an interview invitation yet?
Original post by lollypenguin
yeah I phoned and they said they're sending the forms in batches

Did you get the form now?
Anyone still waiting to hear?
Original post by Sanaa01
Did you get the form now?

Nope haven't heard anything
Original post by Sanaa01
Have you had an interview invitation yet?

Just got an interview today!
Have you heard back yet?
Nope haven't heard anything

check your email again. I just heard back.
check your email again. I just heard back.

well done !! when did you get the email

Thanks! Today at 4:14pm :smile:
Reply 49
Just got an interview today!
Have you heard back yet?

Congrats aspiringmedic000 what dates have they given you
Reply 50

My daughter had til the 30th Nov to put info in to the team so they will still be sorting things out. She knows she has an interview, but needed to sort from out for them, so hopefully emails should be coming soon
Original post by Micshe
Congrats aspiringmedic000 what dates have they given you

Thanks! that was a relief.
12th February, how about your daughter's?
Reply 52

Still waiting for her reply, she is in a different time zone and limited wifi . I'm sure it is somewhere in February not sure on the date.
Nottingham and Southampton will be late releasing their dates for interviews as well its just how the system is set up not sure on UEA so you never know naybe more to come,. My daughter is now up to three interviews awaiting Southampton response, it sounds like thre have been loads of applications this year so well done on getting the interview and time to start looking at the interview process
Original post by Micshe
Still waiting for her reply, she is in a different time zone and limited wifi . I'm sure it is somewhere in February not sure on the date.
Nottingham and Southampton will be late releasing their dates for interviews as well its just how the system is set up not sure on UEA so you never know naybe more to come,. My daughter is now up to three interviews awaiting Southampton response, it sounds like thre have been loads of applications this year so well done on getting the interview and time to start looking at the interview process

Ahh I see. Well done to your daughter for the 3 interviews, that's excellent.
I think UEA is also a late one, a current student at UEA got their invite at the end of January :frown:
Yes, interview prep is very important. Leicester also require some sort of poster you have to make about yourself, which you have to speak about and then they will question you on it...so preparing that will take some time too.:redface:
Thanks again!

Congratulations!! Mines on the 12th, too at 1:30. Interview prep begins 😁 And I was really confused about the poster cause they said it needs to be “visually attractive” but after seeing the example, it makes a lot more sense and honestly I think it’s gonna be fun to make 🤣
(edited 5 years ago)
Congratulations!! Mines on the 12th, too at 1:30. Interview prep begins 😁 And I was really confused about the poster cause they said it needs to be “visually attractive” but after seeing the example, it makes a lot more sense and honestly I think it’s gonna be fun to make 🤣

Thank you!! wow that's so cool, mine's also at 1:30. might see you there then! :lol:
Yeah same! the poster is something unique. seems exciting but i think it's gonna be stressful too :s-smilie:
I know it's so early but you thinking of doing a spider diagram like the example? or something else? :rolleyes:
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you!! wow that's so cool, mine's also at 1:30. might see you there then! :lol:
Yeah same! the poster is something unique. seems exciting but i think it's gonna be stressful too :s-smilie:
I know it's so early but you thinking of doing a spider diagram like the example? or something else? :rolleyes:

Oh wow, that’s crazy. I was seriously debating going in the morning and getting it over with but I clocked I need the extra time, even if it’s a couple hours 😂 I don’t think so, I don’t really like cloudy mind maps so much. I think I’ll use boxes instead of bubbles. I had a plan to use coloured boxes that are touching which is a mind map sort of structure but the titles at the top? It’s hard to explain but I usually do that for making revision posters so I was going to do that. I also wanted to do it by hand as I usually do and scan a copy but that would cause me so much stress and theres the 75 word limit 😫but I think it looks nicer by hand, idk. The poster’s the easy bit tho, then we have to present it 😭😂😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Oh wow, that’s crazy. I was seriously debating going in the morning and getting it over with but I clocked I need the extra time, even if it’s a couple hours 😂 I don’t think so, I don’t really like cloudy mind maps so much. I think I’ll use boxes instead of bubbles. I had a plan to use coloured boxes that are touching which is a mind map sort of structure but the titles at the top? It’s hard to explain but I usually do that for making revision posters so I was going to do that. I also wanted to do it by hand as I usually do and scan a copy but that would cause me so much stress and theres the 75 word limit 😫but I think it looks nicer by hand, idk. The poster’s the easy bit tho, then we have to present it 😭😂😂

ahha same :laugh: But I need time to get there so that's why I chose the afternoon slot.
woow you already have really good ideas :teehee: I have no clue what I'm gonna do, I'll think of it nearer the time. But yeah same I think I'm going to do it by hand because I think I will have more flexibility that way and it will look better. Yeah not looking forward to presenting that :frown:
About the written communication...what do you think this could be? how would they test that? :frown:
ahha same :laugh: But I need time to get there so that's why I chose the afternoon slot.
woow you already have really good ideas :teehee: I have no clue what I'm gonna do, I'll think of it nearer the time. But yeah same I think I'm going to do it by hand because I think I will have more flexibility that way and it will look better. Yeah not looking forward to presenting that :frown:
About the written communication...what do you think this could be? how would they test that? :frown:

Yeah, me, too and thank though I can see myself changing the plan last minute 😂I was at this Interview Course at Leicester a few months ago and I did these practice MMIs and for 2 of the stations, they had, well, basically a mini Situational Judgement and a mini Verbal Reasoning😂 I can see them doing a similar sort of thing. When I hear written communication, I think essay, maybe a short one since a long one might not be possible in the time so or possibly just answering questions. Or none of these 😂😂
Yeah, me, too and thank though I can see myself changing the plan last minute 😂I was at this Interview Course at Leicester a few months ago and I did these practice MMIs and for 2 of the stations, they had, well, basically a mini Situational Judgement and a mini Verbal Reasoning😂 I can see them doing a similar sort of thing. When I hear written communication, I think essay, maybe a short one since a long one might not be possible in the time so or possibly just answering questions. Or none of these 😂😂

haha changing the plan last minute? I'll be making the plan last minute. Procrastination you know.:mmm:
Oh wow you've had some practice then. Situational judgement is okay, that could be ethics possibly but verbal reasoning?! :eek: can't go through that again! ukcat was enough.
Yeah I thought it could be writing a piece but then time wouldn't allow for a long essay soo idk :rolleyes:
how's your prep going for your first interview? How are you preparing? lol sorry for the questions :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending