The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ge-med
aw yay, that's great to hear! you're still way better off than me with an actual degree to show. My main downfall in all my applications has been that I haven't got a degree classification so automatically don't get scored highly if at all for that. It's such a shame because Grad Med has in my eyes always been the route for science grads but nowadays it seems the requirements are getting so much higher with people with so much experience applying, that grads, let alone final years, don't really stand a chance. I'd love to be convinced otherwise with any success stories though! Feeling a bit bitter about it all having received my Oxford rejection this morning...

Sorry to hear about your Oxford rejection :frown: hopefully you’ll have better luck with your other choices! Don’t write yourself off just yet, although degree classification is important the entrance exams also play a big part so if you’ve got a decent UKCAT score you’ll be up there in the running :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SmallPawsInc
Have people gotten interviews for barts already??

I don’t think so, Barts interview invites normally come out around mid December time :smile: (although remaining patient is getting harder by the day !! 😂)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Kentbiomedic
Sorry to hear about your Oxford rejection :frown: hopefully you’ll have better luck with your other choices! Don’t write yourself off just yet, although degree classification is important the entrance exams also play a big part so if you’ve got a decent UKCAT score you’ll be up there in the running :smile:

Thank you for your encouragement, I realise I sound so mouny right now :biggrin: my UKCAT is avg 695 which I thought was quite good but seeing people with way higher being worried so... looking into ways to productively spend my gap year!
Good luck with all your applications too! :smile:
Original post by ge-med
Thank you for your encouragement, I realise I sound so mouny right now :biggrin: my UKCAT is avg 695 which I thought was quite good but seeing people with way higher being worried so... looking into ways to productively spend my gap year!
Good luck with all your applications too! :smile:

Hahaha you’re welcome I think everyone on this thread can remember the stress of final year and the pressure you’re under don’t worry! We just have to wait and see for now :smile: & thank you 😀
Original post by ge-med
aw yay, that's great to hear! you're still way better off than me with an actual degree to show. My main downfall in all my applications has been that I haven't got a degree classification so automatically don't get scored highly if at all for that. It's such a shame because Grad Med has in my eyes always been the route for science grads but nowadays it seems the requirements are getting so much higher with people with so much experience applying, that grads, let alone final years, don't really stand a chance. I'd love to be convinced otherwise with any success stories though! Feeling a bit bitter about it all having received my Oxford rejection this morning...

Just FYI even though you don't have a classification you still get the same points for a predicted grade.
I can't find the original post but having read through barts selection documents I believe integrated masters and MSc are not equivalent as it's the difference between an undergraduate and post graduate degree
Original post by Jsheridan
x

Well there's no hope for me then haha. Was hoping prior grades and degree classification (integrated masters) would make up for my poor UKCAT.

Birmingham is my only real hope now!
Original post by Jin3011
Well there's no hope for me then haha. Was hoping prior grades and degree classification (integrated masters) would make up for my poor UKCAT.

Birmingham is my only real hope now!

I'm sure a first in undergrad and a decent ukcat is good! Also don't give up on Sheffield so soon Jin'
Interview! 720 B2 Ukcat, predicted 1st
I have an interview too!! First class Bsc achieved, 692.5 band 2 ukcat :smile:
Original post by WinterDucky
Interview! 720 B2 Ukcat, predicted 1st

Original post by katie-roberts
I have an interview too!! First class Bsc achieved, 692.5 band 2 ukcat :smile:

Congrats both, excellent news! :biggrin:
Reply 71
I got one too! Predicted high 2:1/1st, UKCAT 695 band 2 :smile:
Well done guys, when did these come through?
Reply 73
Congrats on the interview guys!! Did you guys get an update via email or the portal?
Got one too! 750, 1st, MSc, PhD
Reply 75
Just received an interview from Barts. I have a 1st in Biomed and got 2800 on the ukcat. Received an email that linked me to the portal. Good luck everyone 😊
Original post by Jin3011
Well done guys, when did these come through?

Thank you everyone! About 10 past 4 and it was via email It says the details will be on my portal log in :smile:x
Original post by katie-roberts
Thank you everyone! About 10 past 4 and it was via email It says the details will be on my portal log in :smile:x

Amazing! :h: Have they told you when it is?
Reply 78
My portal still says that my application is in for assessment?? I can't refresh my emails any longer!!
Original post by Jin3011
Amazing! :h: Have they told you when it is?

18th January

Latest

Trending

Trending