The Student Room Group

How do you move on after your best friend says "I don't care about you at all"?

We trusted each other. A few days before he hated me, he was talking about trust and how people he had trusted recently betrayed his trust. I didn't consider too much of it. Then a few weeks ago, I apparently so "betrayed his trust". At high school he took mugshots of my face and he would edit pics with my face on. It was funny and I did it. I did it again, but this time I sent the pics to other friends. And he was really pissed off with me. I wasn't expecting it and he said some horrible things about me (all of which I let slide because I had clearly hurt him). I've spent the last 3 weeks telling him I'm sorry but he won't listen.

He then blocked me on Whatsapp and then my phone number when I continuously said sorry to him. Just to clarify, my intention wasn't to make him "a laughing stock" like he said and embarrass him. It was just a joke, that he had done to me before. Then he told me to never contact him....and that hurt a lot. I really wanted to talk to him. I felt (and still do) guilty, but he wasn't listening.
The feeling I have...its so ****. It feels awful. I used to have a friend I could confide with and we could trust each other. Now he said himself "Thanks to you, i'm a cold hearted bast*rd. I won't trust people easily now".

He wants me to move on, but I dont want to and I can't. My other friends don't seem to like me too much. I don't have any other friends. He wants me to move on. I will try to but it's not easy for me.

Scroll to see replies

honestly **** him and **** them too, if u really want to save the friendship then ur gonna have to gather all of them together and talk it out, clearly theres a lack of communication here. if things do get better, it will be really awkward, just have that in mind.
tbh just focus on skl, forget them, make sure u have someone u can trust to speak about these things to so things dont get worse for u
To be honest your friend seems to be acting really edgy for whatever reason, like some next-level anime MC. Sorry to hear about your falling out. At the moment I don't think you can do much except give it some time, then try speak to him again.
Reply 3
He doesn't want things to go back to normal, ever.

Linked, is a long chat between us, some of it makes me seem manipulative. It's quite long.

I dont even ****ing know anymore. I'm just really frustrated with myself.
Reply 4
Original post by hellohellothere
honestly **** him and **** them too, if u really want to save the friendship then ur gonna have to gather all of them together and talk it out, clearly theres a lack of communication here. if things do get better, it will be really awkward, just have that in mind.
tbh just focus on skl, forget them, make sure u have someone u can trust to speak about these things to so things dont get worse for u

We have talked a lot. I've actually been a b*tch about it all cos I've been spamming him with virtual phone numbers so I can msg him even after he blocks me. So I am being a b*tch yes. But I'm just pissing him off now and I have done for the last 3 weeks. Clearly the only thing left is for me to move on? I don't even know.

Original post by Anonymous

Linked, is a long chat between us, some of it makes me seem manipulative. It's quite long.

https://pastebin.com/4ptinfyd
Straight up fu_ck his sorry a$$, he cant play the game and then cry for loosing. Move on
Reply 6
I'm antisocial. I don't know how I became friends with him. I dont want to make any other friends. I'm not complaining about this so don't bite my **** off.

he IS acting like a real ***** and super petty, i stand with my first comment, **** him. he seems to be starting drama for no reason, probably could be insecure with his frienships so wants to 1-up by putting u down.

im feeling angry now... **** himmm
Reply 8
he IS acting like a real ***** and super petty, i stand with my first comment, **** him. he seems to be starting drama for no reason, probably could be insecure with his frienships so wants to 1-up by putting u down.

im feeling angry now... **** himmm

I didn't tell you the whole story. I made those pics and just before I did I showed it to him for the laughs which I normally don't have and he said to not send it to anybody which is what I said when he made pics of me so.... He feels I betrayed his trust because I didn't listen to him. So perhaps he's not quite an ass as much as me.
I didn't tell you the whole story. I made those pics and just before I did I showed it to him for the laughs which I normally don't have and he said to not send it to anybody which is what I said when he made pics of me so.... He feels I betrayed his trust because I didn't listen to him. So perhaps he's not quite an ass as much as me.

even both of u did something wrong, still dont excuse his behaviour, talk it outtttt
even both of u did something wrong, still dont excuse his behaviour, talk it outtttt

He is adamant that he will not let things go back to normal. Funnily enough, he said "I've forgiven you" but he promised that things will not go back to how they were before all this **** happened.
He is adamant that he will not let things go back to normal. Funnily enough, he said "I've forgiven you" but he promised that things will not go back to how they were before all this **** happened.

but what do u want, do u want things to go back to normal? do u want to still be friends? do u want all ur other friends back and not him? talk to everyone about how u feel
but what do u want, do u want things to go back to normal? do u want to still be friends? do u want all ur other friends back and not him? talk to everyone about how u feel

Yes I want things to back to normal but he is constantly saying it's not going back to normal. Things he's said:

"I make a mistake trusting u and becoming friends with u".

I tell him I care about him as a friend and he says "just put that thought in any bin u find"

When I told him about certain problems this mess has caused me (self harm, depression and being lonely) he said " I don't care anymore if you kill yourself" even if he did tell me to get mental help.

I've never felt so sh*tty my life. This feeling is horrible and I've had it for over 3 weeks.
The sh&t he says to me hurts and whilst ideally I should move on, I don't really want to because I think our friendship before was something special and better than being alone
Yes I want things to back to normal but he is constantly saying it's not going back to normal. Things he's said:

"I make a mistake trusting u and becoming friends with u".

I tell him I care about him as a friend and he says "just put that thought in any bin u find"

When I told him about certain problems this mess has caused me (self harm, depression and being lonely) he said " I don't care anymore if you kill yourself" even if he did tell me to get mental help.

I've never felt so sh*tty my life. This feeling is horrible and I've had it for over 3 weeks.

tell someone u trust in skl, a teacher, someone ur kinda friends with. they would know you guys better and offer much better advice
tell someone u trust in skl, a teacher, someone ur kinda friends with. they would know you guys better and offer much better advice

A teacher? No. and I don't have any other friends really. I mean there's always the student welfare (at college) but I'm not that desperate.
A teacher? No. and I don't have any other friends really. I mean there's always the student welfare (at college) but I'm not that desperate.

why would u place a stigma on student welfare, if u are in need of help/a place to vent, u have every right to go there, if u didnt have this thread to talk about it, im sure u would go there
why would u place a stigma on student welfare, if u are in need of help/a place to vent, u have every right to go there, if u didnt have this thread to talk about it, im sure u would go there

That came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that. In fact I've contacted student welfare myself (anonymously) to see what they would do if I talked to them and it's not what I wanted from them.

Sorry if that offended you, I didn't mean it. It's the sort of thing my friend would say funnily enough. I mean he says I'm " a little girl cos I cut myself once" and that only girls "cut themselves". After which I told him to stfu.

But, I don't know I haven't really learned anything apart from that you guys see him as a b*tch more than me?
Forget your friend, delete everything of your friend and find a better friend.
I understand your position. and I seen you post aboit this before and I think you should both move on from each other. I read your conversion link thing and you threatening to cut yourself isn't cool either. I'm sorry but it's not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending