The Student Room Group

When to apply for medicine at Oxbridge (2020-2021)? EU student

I kept searching but I couldn't find too much info. My first year of college will be 2020-2021 and I want to study medicine at Oxford or Cambridge. When can I start applying? I know that I must apply until October, but what is the starting date for sending applications to UCAS? Also, when to apply for loan? Also, besides Cambridge and Oxford, which universities are renowned for studying medicine? I was thinking about Imperial (London), Queen Mary and Glasgow. I'm a top of the class student. Since I'm not from UK I can't clearly say much about my grades. A student I guess. Thank you.
Original post by theodorabautu
I kept searching but I couldn't find too much info. My first year of college will be 2020-2021 and I want to study medicine at Oxford or Cambridge. When can I start applying? I know that I must apply until October, but what is the starting date for sending applications to UCAS? Also, when to apply for loan? Also, besides Cambridge and Oxford, which universities are renowned for studying medicine? I was thinking about Imperial (London), Queen Mary and Glasgow. I'm a top of the class student. Since I'm not from UK I can't clearly say much about my grades. A student I guess. Thank you.

do you study for two years at college? you apply from september when ucas opens. You can able for a loan from the april before you start but you won't get a loan for living costs. Prestige isn't really relevant to be a doctor in the UK.
Original post by claireestelle
do you study for two years at college? you apply from september when ucas opens. You can able for a loan from the april before you start but you won't get a loan for living costs. Prestige isn't really relevant to be a doctor in the UK.

No. So I'm from Romania and I'm currently in the 11th grade (of 12 grades) and my first year of college will be 2020-2021. And I don't know when do the UCAS applications open.
Original post by theodorabautu
No. So I'm from Romania and I'm currently in the 11th grade (of 12 grades) and my first year of college will be 2020-2021. And I don't know when do the UCAS applications open.

Bear in mind that if the UK leaves the EU, you will be counted as an international student. This will mean that a) you will be subject to international competition ratios, which are generally 60-100 to 1 (although in 2012 it was 255 to 1!) and b) subject to international fees, which for for Oxford is around £230,000 and for Cambridge is pushing £400,000, both of which might actually increase post-Brexit. There would be extremely little chance of getting a scholarship unless you could get one from your home country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending