The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

University of Bradford 2019 entry, applicant Chat thread

Hello

This is a thread for all students applying for 2019 entry to Bradford.
A place to meet, chat and ask all the questions!

Just to get you started...
:question:
What course/s are you applying for?

:shakehand:
Have you attended any open days?

:headfire:
Have you got a burning question about life at Bradford?

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by University of Bradford
Hello

This is a thread for all students applying for 2019 entry to Bradford.
A place to meet, chat and ask all the questions!

Just to get you started...
:question:
What course/s are you applying for?

:shakehand:
Have you attended any open days?

:headfire:
Have you got a burning question about life at Bradford?

1) Mphysio

2) Yes, was very insightful!

3) Any insider tips for interviews? Was it formal? Any difficult questions I could prep for?
1. Game design and computer science for games. Just received a conditional offer today!
2. Yes
3. I want to know more about what to do outside of studies. Are they any trips, clubs, etc?
Original post by Physio2503
1) Mphysio

2) Yes, was very insightful!

3) Any insider tips for interviews? Was it formal? Any difficult questions I could prep for?

Glad to hear you had a good time at the Open Day :smile:

We'd generally advise students to prepare for a course interview like you would a job interview - so know your application (personal statement) inside out, make sure you do plenty of research into the course and career options, and be prepared to answer any questions about your experience.

We'd also advise you to think about your skills and what you would bring to the university - also how these skills would help you in your career.
Thanks

Joe
Original post by Dizzydan015
1. Game design and computer science for games. Just received a conditional offer today!
2. Yes
3. I want to know more about what to do outside of studies. Are they any trips, clubs, etc?

Congratulations on your offer! :biggrin:

Our student's union has lots of different societies to get involved in. From culture and food, to gaming and breakdancing there's allsorts to see/do.
Take a look at our groups and societies. There's a dedicated Gaming Society, a Video Gaming Society and a Computing Society where events take place most nights of the week.

On campus, we offer a music centre, theatre and in our student's union there are bars with table tennis and pool, Costa and lounging areas to relax!

We also offer a gym with fitness suite and climbing wall and a dedicated sports centre on campus, too!
If you want to go further afield there are bars and restaurants in the city centre (about 5-10 mins walk).

There really is lots to do as a student at the University of Bradford :banana2:

One extra thing is our Study Abroad programme - an opportunity to study in other parts of the world on both short term and long term basis - let me know if you want further information on this :smile:

Joe
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi
Could you advise me on my next move, I applied to Bradford for adult nursing, I had an unsuccessful email this evening and I know I need to get some feedback.
I feel like I need to take this further. I am a mature student (39) who has gained some of my qualifications through work and others at college, so my quals are an accumulation of 16 years working in healthcare. In all your information you say mature students can have an accumulation or different route into nursing but it doesn’t seem that way. I’m really at a loss as to what else I can study to get on this degree course.
Ps am still awaiting hudds and Leeds but Bradford was my first choice ☹️
Chantelle
Original post by Channy39
Hi
Could you advise me on my next move, I applied to Bradford for adult nursing, I had an unsuccessful email this evening and I know I need to get some feedback.
I feel like I need to take this further. I am a mature student (39) who has gained some of my qualifications through work and others at college, so my quals are an accumulation of 16 years working in healthcare. In all your information you say mature students can have an accumulation or different route into nursing but it doesn’t seem that way. I’m really at a loss as to what else I can study to get on this degree course.
Ps am still awaiting hudds and Leeds but Bradford was my first choice ☹️
Chantelle

Hello

Sorry to hear about the outcome of your application.
To request feedback on your application, you will need to submit a written request to our admissions team on [email protected] - please include your UCAS personal ID so the team can identify your application sooner.

Thank you

Joe
Hi,
I’ve applied for Psychology and Counseling
I haven’t attended any open days
I received a conditional offer as well 😊
Original post by Wooord
Hi,
I’ve applied for Psychology and Counseling
I haven’t attended any open days
I received a conditional offer as well 😊

Hi, may I ask about your qualifications? I applied to the same course and I'm currently ******** myself, waiting for an email back
Original post by ashbegone
Hi, may I ask about your qualifications? I applied to the same course and I'm currently ******** myself, waiting for an email back

I only have GCSEs yet, you can see them in my ‘about me’ section on my profile. :smile: I haven’t got my a-levels yet since I’m in year 13 still, I’m doing A-level Biology, English Literature and Philosophy
Don’t worry, you should be fine! When did you send UCAS off?
Original post by Wooord
I only have GCSEs yet, you can see them in my ‘about me’ section on my profile. :smile: I haven’t got my a-levels yet since I’m in year 13 still, I’m doing A-level Biology, English Literature and Philosophy
Don’t worry, you should be fine! When did you send UCAS off?

I sent it off on the 11th, I'm mostly worried about my predicted IB grades hah
Original post by ashbegone
I sent it off on the 11th, I'm mostly worried about my predicted IB grades hah

Well, I sent mine off on the 20th December and they got back to me on the 3rd of Jan, if that makes you feel any better. It’s only been a few days for you, so don’t worry :wink:
Reply 13
Offer for optometry
Reply 14
Hi

I have a Diagnostic Radiography interview coming up soon. I'd appreciate if anyone could give some tips on what to expect during the interview and admissions test. Will the interview be a group one with tasks or an individual interview?

I did speak to a lady in admissions but she didn't seem bothered and wasn't of much help if any at all.
Reply 15
Hi,
I went to uni but just recently dropped out due to my course not being acrreddited by the BPS - Ive applied for Psychology with Counselling - already did my A levels last year so im hoping to receive an unconditional soon!
Reply 16
How do I order an undergraduate prospectus for 2019?? thanks :smile:
Original post by hifzah
How do I order an undergraduate prospectus for 2019?? thanks :smile:

Hi :smile:

In the interest of being environmentally friendly, we are unable to post individual prospectuses - however we are in the process of creating our new electronic version which should be available on our website soon.

Thanks

Joe
Reply 18
Original post by University of Bradford
Hi :smile:
In the interest of being environmentally friendly, we are unable to post individual prospectuses - however we are in the process of creating our new electronic version which should be available on our website soon.

Thanks

Joe

Hi

Is there a possibility my question will get answered?

Thanks
I have an interview in a few weeks for BSc physiotherapy 2019 entry and I'm so excited I got through to the interview process! Can anyone help me with what to expect on the day and interview layout? Thank you, Victoria

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending