The Student Room Group

How many Football Grounds have you been to?

A conversation that came up recently but I am wondering how many Football Grounds have you been too? especially the Football League Grounds, I know some are very close to seeing all 92 football league grounds.

Scroll to see replies

Just two football grounds in two football stadiums when Hamburger SV was still playing in 1.Bundesliga (now the 2.Bundesliga) and Werder Bremen in Champions League and fighting for championship! nice stadiums, great atmosphere there! never forget both games.
Original post by Rock Fan
A conversation that came up recently but I am wondering how many Football Grounds have you been too? especially the Football League Grounds, I know some are very close to seeing all 92 football league grounds.

Over 100 in total.

I'd like to do more European grounds in the near future. I'm eyeing up a visit to the Bernebeau before the end of the season.
Reply 3
Two... first one to see The Move in concert.
Reply 4
About ten.
Original post by sr90
Over 100 in total.

I'd like to do more European grounds in the near future.(...)

Wow, that is a great number of visiting football stadiums and I wonder how many of those were matches for premier league, european competitions and about national teams at the EURO or even world cup. Also I would love to know what was the best match you will never forget.
Reply 6
QPR Fulham Spurs Arsenal Wembley Malaga Watford so 7.
I once set off by bus and walking to watch Chelsea in a Cup match when I was a teen but couldn’t find the ground.😕
(edited 5 years ago)
I think it is 12. Most recent new one was Brentford, which will be closing soon. Largest is Nice's ground which I went to when on holiday a couple of years ago, and saw Mario Ballotelli score for them.
Original post by Kallisto
Wow, that is a great number of visiting football stadiums and I wonder how many of those were matches for premier league, european competitions and about national teams at the EURO or even world cup. Also I would love to know what was the best match you will never forget.

Been to every Premier League ground bar 1. Unfortunately never been to Euros or World Cup, that's still on the bucket list!

Best match would probably be our 7-1 win over Roma :smile:
Not many, been to Old Trafford, Emirates, Wembley, Griffin Park, The Valley, Craven Cottage, Brisbane Road and the King Power
Just Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Craven Cottage.. :colondollar:
67 for football matches in 15 countries

34 in the English Football League +
8 Non-League / U21s grounds +
3 Domestic National grounds +
2 UEFA Europa League away grounds +
19 UEFA Champions League away grounds +
Training ground!

Actively started trying to do the 92 now over the next few years and fill in all the gaps that our domestic away trips haven’t led me to yet :smile:
9:

Wembley
London stadium
Stamford Bridge
Upton Park
St James park
Stadium of light
Madejski stadium
Olympiastadion (Berlin)
Kingfield stadium
Not kept track but here's my list of the top of my head.

Elland Road
Wembley
Emirates
Pride Park
John Smith Stadium
Turf Moor
Stadium of Light
St. James Park
Brammal Lane
Hillsborough
Deva Stadium
Macron Stadum
DW Stadium
Ewood Park
Riverside Stadium
KCOM Stadium
City Ground
Bloomfield road
Keepmoat Stadium
Oakwell Stadium
Spotland Stadium
Valley Parade
Kingpower Stadium
Etihad Stadium
Emirates
Highbury
Craven Cottage
Wembley
The Valley
Croke Park
Loftus Road
Stamfort Bridge
Elland Road
Ashton Gate
White Hart Lane
Amsterdam ArenA
De Kuip
Allianz
Veltins Arena

Fav ground is probably Craven Cottage out of the non-AFC ones.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Been to every Premier League ground bar 1. Unfortunately never been to Euros or World Cup, that's still on the bucket list!

Best match would probably be our 7-1 win over Roma :smile:

Oh, I see, you support Manchester United, don't you? So you have been visited champions league matches at least.
Football grounds - like 5
Other stadia - loads.
Original post by Rock Fan

Never been to any. :wtf:
Feel like I've missed a few but off the top of my head...

The Emirates
Highbury
Ricoh Arena
Madejski Stadium
Old Trafford
bet365 Stadium
Goodison Park
Camp Nou
Craven Cottage
Wembley
Amex Stadium
Selhurst Park
Mineirão (Governor Magalhães Pinto Stadium)
None :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest