The Student Room Group

Friends & assumptions...

My friend thinks I’m that type of person that hates sending my assignments and hate helping my uni friends. Her assumption is really wrong and I love helping people. But if I worked hard in my assignments and literally spend lots of hours to complete it why do I have to send it to them? I’m acc dumb and I just try to work really hard to pass.

She really humiliated me in front of her friends(during a phone call)and made me look like a horrible person.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My friend thinks I’m that type of person that hates sending my assignments and hate helping my uni friends. Her assumption is really wrong and I love helping people. But if I worked hard in my assignments and literally spend lots of hours to complete it why do I have to send it to them? I’m acc dumb and I just try to work really hard to pass.

She really humiliated me in front of her friends(during a phone call)and made me look like a horrible person.

so if they made you feel bad for not sending assignments to help...
and its true that you havent... then thats on you. brudda help them out!
Reply 2
Original post by certain some1

My friend doesn't go to the same uni and she thinks I don't help. I HELPPP literally every time😂😂
Your friend shouldn't be relying on your assignments to get work done. She needs to get her head in her own game, not yours. Maybe you should point that out to her. This is your life and not hers, and she needs to realise that.
Your not a bad person, I completely understand what its like to be protective over your work and if she thinks your a horrible person for it, then she is actually the horrible person for blaming her own shortcomings on someone else.
Reply 4
Original post by SoftGingerCat
Your friend shouldn't be relying on your assignments to get work done. She needs to get her head in her own game, not yours. Maybe you should point that out to her. This is your life and not hers, and she needs to realise that.
Your not a bad person, I completely understand what its like to be protective over your work and if she thinks your a horrible person for it, then she is actually the horrible person for blaming her own shortcomings on someone else.

Thank you. Thats literally what i mean omg
What you got there is a leech who can't be bothered to do their own work. It's fine to send them stuff once in a while, but if its consistent, don't bother.
Reply 6
try and prove her wrong and tell her what u feel that she upset u and tell her she was out of order
Yeah she doesn't sound like a very good friend tbh. Tell her you'll help her whenever but you're not just going to straight up give her your assignments. Don't forget you have the power here. It's your work she wants, not the other way round.
Your "friend" is moron. If you get caught doing such a thing you can get kicked out of university. Don't risk your place at university just because this other person is too lazy and/or incompetent to do their own work. If you want advise, stay away from this person from now on.
Reply 9
You can work together, bounce ideas off each other etc. but she needs to write her own stuff. That she's so dependent on you to send her yours means she isn't putting in the effort her side.

Why do you see her as a friend, if you don't mind me asking? From what you've said there she's actively trying to turn people against you out of her own laziness, in order to extort your hard work.

At university, you should protect your work like you would your credit card details. Don't share them with anyone. If she wants to see your assignments, then that means she would probably be happy to pass it off as her own, then you would both get in trouble. Why would you let someone do that? See, you wouldn't.

If she's desperate for help, why doesn't she pay a visit to the lecturer? If she can't grow up and do her own work, why is she even at university?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by KimNoel
try and prove her wrong and tell her what u feel that she upset u and tell her she was out of order

I will xx
Original post by thaliaevelyn
Yeah she doesn't sound like a very good friend tbh. Tell her you'll help her whenever but you're not just going to straight up give her your assignments. Don't forget you have the power here. It's your work she wants, not the other way round.

The friend I'm talking about doesn't do the same course as my but shea talking behalf of the friends she doesn't even know. I just feel like she's assuming horrible stuff about me as if I don't like helping people
Reply 13
I will xx

if you need us,to help u to do anything we are here
Original post by ThomH97
You can work together, bounce ideas off each other etc. but she needs to write her own stuff. That she's so dependent on you to send her yours means she isn't putting in the effort her side.

Why do you see her as a friend, if you don't mind me asking? From what you've said there she's actively trying to turn people against you out of her own laziness, in order to extort your hard work.

The friend I'm talking about isn't the friend that does the same course as me. She's talking behalf of my uni friends that she doesn't know if that makes any sense. We've been friends since like yr 7
Reply 15
The friend I'm talking about isn't the friend that does the same course as me. She's talking behalf of my uni friends that she doesn't know if that makes any sense. We've been friends since like yr 7

maybe just tell her that u don't want her to work with u on certain assignments and that u want to do it on your own i don't think that would upset her
you shouldnt share it with anyone in case its highlighted as plagiarism!
Reply 17
Listen to the previous poster - if this is flagged as plagerism you would have something more serious to worry about than your friend being immature. Can't believe your unis haven't flagged this to you - most of them are red hot on it now and it is quite easy to fall foul of it, from copying stuff from the internet or sharing assingments. Please don't go there and put your own position at risk.
Reply 18

Well then they're a horrible friend. I used to have a "friend" who literally used me just so I could give her my essays.
Original post by certain some1

If you spend a lot of time and effort on a paper then your mates who can't be bothered ask for it, you're going to be annoyed with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending