The Student Room Group

Which is the best option to get into biotechnolgy ?

Should I do a degree Bsc in biochemistry or molecular biology then a masters in biotechnology or just do a bsc in biotechnology and then a masters ?
Biochemistry does interest me but the thought of learning countless metabolic pathways etc. Just to never use or remember them again doesn't entice me but I am very strong in chemistry also.
Molecular Biology on the other hand sounds quite interesting for me tho but at the end of the day, I really want to work in industry in biotechnolgy but what is the best set up to do so ?
Thanks.
Original post by qpzm123
Should I do a degree Bsc in biochemistry or molecular biology then a masters in biotechnology or just do a bsc in biotechnology and then a masters ?
Biochemistry does interest me but the thought of learning countless metabolic pathways etc. Just to never use or remember them again doesn't entice me but I am very strong in chemistry also.
Molecular Biology on the other hand sounds quite interesting for me tho but at the end of the day, I really want to work in industry in biotechnolgy but what is the best set up to do so ?
Thanks.

These are all very broad terms which will not really influence where you end up. Pick the most interesting course now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending