The Student Room Group

speeding

hi I think I have been caught speeding by a camara van I was going around 40 I think in a 30 then slowed down I think the camara followed me as i past what will happen now will i be able to do a speed awareness course to avoid the points I have know been driving around 5 months
Reply 1
Original post by George25298123
hi I think I have been caught speeding by a camara van I was going around 40 I think in a 30 then slowed down I think the camara followed me as i past what will happen now will i be able to do a speed awareness course to avoid the points I have know been driving around 5 months

Wait for the NIP.
m)Wait for the NIP.
whag is the NIP
Reply 3
m)Wait for the NIP.
whag is the NIP

Notice of Intended Prosecution.

Remember, your speedo overreads by a couple of mph. But even then, you were doing considerably over the limit.

I'd say there's a high chance of a NIP coming through your door, whether or not the course is offered to you is another question. Ultimately, the decision to if you're offered a course or not is from the police force which caught you - so you'll have to wait for the letter.

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Ok, two things to say here. a) Why are you asking this question on TSR? b) Law is law and is there for a reason, and that reason is to maintain all order. If you've been caught, oopsie, you may get a fine, or if you're underplaying how much you've been speeding purely to look like the innocent-minded one, you may be arrested and fined a little bit more. And sent to prison for life - that last part wasn't said by me but rather one of my close yet mentally unstable companions. There's my - and my mentally unstable companion's - answer.
- DJH (& mentally unstable companion)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending