The Student Room Group

No chance for UCL law??

Hi guys,
I got 23/42 in my LNAT and I’m predicted 3A*s at A level. Is it safe to say my chances for UCL law are extremely slim because of my LNAT score??
Original post by Sergioo
Hi guys,
I got 23/42 in my LNAT and I’m predicted 3A*s at A level. Is it safe to say my chances for UCL law are extremely slim because of my LNAT score??

they say no score guarantees an offer but the average was 26 last year for those who got offers https://www.ucl.ac.uk/laws/study/undergraduate/applying-entry-requirements-and-scholarships/how-your-application-considered-ucl
Reply 2
Original post by Sergioo
Hi guys,

i got the same score and got an offer!
Reply 3
Original post by yerin
i got the same score and got an offer!

Hi,
Are you a 2019 applicant? What are your stats if I may ask and where else did you apply?
Reply 4
Original post by Sergioo
Hi,
Are you a 2019 applicant? What are your stats if I may ask and where else did you apply?

yep!i'm doing the french baccalaureate though, so i don't know my predicted grades. i applied to lse, qmul, kcl and durham:smile: wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by yerin
yep!i'm doing the french baccalaureate though, so i don't know my predicted grades. i applied to lse, qmul, kcl and durham:smile: wbu?

Cambridge LSE UCL Warwick and Leeds. When did you get your offer and have you heard back from all the other uni’s yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Sergioo
Cambridge LSE UCL Warwick and Leeds. When did you get your offer and have you heard back from all the other uni’s yet?

i got it on 4th of feb. got an offer from qmul, rejected by lse and waiting for the other two.did you hear back from lse or other unis?
Reply 7
Original post by yerin
i got it on 4th of feb. got an offer from qmul, rejected by lse and waiting for the other two.did you hear back from lse or other unis?

Rejected by LSE and Cambridge, and offers from the others. Just waiting on UCL. When did LSE reject you they give you a reason as to why?
Reply 8
Original post by Sergioo
Rejected by LSE and Cambridge, and offers from the others. Just waiting on UCL. When did LSE reject you they give you a reason as to why?

They said it was my personal statement,which i didn't expect at all.now im thinking that it was probably the LNAT,but they would've said that then,wouldn't they? What was the reason they gave you?
Reply 9
Original post by yerin
They said it was my personal statement,which i didn't expect at all.now im thinking that it was probably the LNAT,but they would've said that then,wouldn't they? What was the reason they gave you?

lol same reason for me. I’m thinking LNAT too tbh. When did you receive a decision from them?
Also do you know anyone else who got UCL offer with less than 25?
Reply 10
Original post by Sergioo
lol same reason for me. I’m thinking LNAT too tbh. When did you receive a decision from them?

it's funny cause there were three of us applying to lse and all of us got rejected with the same reason.i received it on friday,idk about anyone else:/
Reply 11
Original post by yerin
it's funny cause there were three of us applying to lse and all of us got rejected with the same reason.i received it on friday,idk about anyone else:/

Did the third person hear back from UCL? What did they get in the LNAT?
Original post by Sergioo

Remember for UCL, it’s more about the essay than the MCQ. Their words, not mine:smile:
they say in their website that the majority have 22 or above, so there’ll obviously be a few with under that. As long as it’s not horrific and the essay is really good, applicants will still have a shot. They even said getting a really high LNAT mark but having a not great essay won’t put you in a good position. Again, their words not mine.
Good luck.
Reply 13
Original post by anonymous1231231
Remember for UCL, it’s more about the essay than the MCQ. Their words, not mine:smile:
they say in their website that the majority have 22 or above, so there’ll obviously be a few with under that. As long as it’s not horrific and the essay is really good, applicants will still have a shot. They even said getting a really high LNAT mark but having a not great essay won’t put you in a good position. Again, their words not mine.
Good luck.

Do you take essay subjects? Also, do you remember how you structured your LNAT essay if you don’t mind me asking??
Thanks!
Original post by Sergioo
Do you take essay subjects? Also, do you remember how you structured your LNAT essay if you don’t mind me asking??
Thanks!

I do socio but I only picked it up this year and by the time I did my LNAT we hadn't started essay writing.
I legit have no idea. I know I did quite a few points, I wanna say 4-5. I was pretty happy with it tho, cause I really loved my question and ended up at like 920 words and had to cut down to 750, but I cut down allllll the waffle so I think it was as concise as I could make it.
Reply 15
I do socio but I only picked it up this year and by the time I did my LNAT we hadn't started essay writing.
I legit have no idea. I know I did quite a few points, I wanna say 4-5. I was pretty happy with it tho, cause I really loved my question and ended up at like 920 words and had to cut down to 750, but I cut down allllll the waffle so I think it was as concise as I could make it.

Oh ok! I remember for me the question was evaluate whether a government should do something or not... So I argued for and against the statement. That’s enough right? Like two points only but it addresses the question...
Original post by Sergioo
Oh ok! I remember for me the question was evaluate whether a government should do something or not... So I argued for and against the statement. That’s enough right? Like two points only but it addresses the question...

Uhh how many words was it do you remember?
Reply 17
Uhh how many words was it do you remember?

Around 750...
Reply 18
Original post by yerin

Hey do you remember how you structured your LNAT essay and whether it was any good?
Original post by Sergioo
Around 750...

Genuinely I can’t say that’s amazing or that’s not cause I didn’t read it but I wouldn’t bother worrying now. For context, I emailed Pearson and asked how we could get a copy of our LNAT essay and they said they’re waiting for the LNAT company to tell them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending