The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

How lenient are Lancaster Uni?

I’ve applied for Lancaster and they said if I firm Lancaster then they’ll accept ABB. I’ve just received my mock grades of A*BD (Equivalent of BBB) and the A* was in Business. I was just wondering is Lancaster lenient with their entry grades, especially on the Business and Management course, or are they strict?
No-one can give you a definitive answer, but usually universities accept a grade lower, on the odd occasion they may accept two - but this isn't something I'd hold out hope for.

It all depends on everyone's results and whether the university has managed to fill the slots available on their course.
It also depends on subject combination/grades. If you do really well in the more 'relevant' subject(s) i.e. business then they may decide to give slight more leniency with their grade requirements if you don't do so well in other areas.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by luisdiggle
I’ve applied for Lancaster and they said if I firm Lancaster then they’ll accept ABB. I’ve just received my mock grades of A*BD (Equivalent of BBB) and the A* was in Business. I was just wondering is Lancaster lenient with their entry grades, especially on the Business and Management course, or are they strict?

Lancaster is a Uni that often has vacancies in Clearing, so they may be a bit lenient at results time, but there are obviously no guarantees. The safest thing is to make sure that you have a decent Insurance choice also, just in case you do miss your Firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending