The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades: Morenike

Hey! My name is Morenike and I am predicted 3 As in Biology, Chemistry and Geography. For me this is going to be a very challenging journey.

In terms of GCSEs I got 1A*, 1D*(distinction star), 7 As, 1B and 2 Cs. So in my opinion I did pretty good but at the same time it's not like they were AMAZING and I could have definitely worked harder to improve some of my grades.

I have decided to take part in Grow your Grades so I can track my own progress and so that I can help motivate people in a similar position to myself who need to work that little bit harder to achieve their goals no matter how unlikely they seem.

I will be posting weekly on TSR regular updates about my performance on Monday mornings around 9.00GMT. Additionally, I have a blog called not so teenage teen which can be accessed here. On here I will will share self-care and general tips and advice as well as review and what ever pops in my mind. More importantly I will also regularly write posts on tips and habits which have been helping me both at school and during general life. Links to all the useful stuff will be posted on her alongside my weekly updates.

Feel free top comment anything you want and if you have any questions or blog post ideas!
Good luck! :rave:
Reply 2
Original post by emilynxlan
Good luck! :rave:

Thank you!!!
Reply 3
Hey! I'm also somehow predicted 3A's in Maths, Physics nad Geography :eek:. Those are some great grades! :h: Hopefully we'll keep each other motivated. Wish you all the best!
Reply 4
Original post by Soph58
Hey! I'm also somehow predicted 3A's in Maths, Physics nad Geography :eek:. Those are some great grades! :h: Hopefully we'll keep each other motivated. Wish you all the best!

Thank! Ah yeah totally are you doing grow your grades as well?x
Reply 5
Good luck! :rave: We've only got Chemistry in common, but just wondering, which exam board are you on? :holmes:
Reply 6
Hey! Sorry for the late reply, I'm doing AQA bio and chem and edexcel geogxxx
Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck! :rave: We've only got Chemistry in common, but just wondering, which exam board are you on? :holmes:
what do you wanna do at uni?
Reply 8
Original post by mo t
Hey! Sorry for the late reply, I'm doing AQA bio and chem and edexcel geogxxx

No worries :redface:
Cool, I'm on AQA chem too :gah:
Hope you've been doing well :hugs:
Reply 9
Hi this is a quick update!!!:

I haven't posted in a while because I have just had so much work and I had Mocks,. Tommorow I will write a post on my Mocks and what I got as well as other stuff and progress I am making on my blog!!
Reply 10
Im doing well thanks how are you?

I haven't posted in a while but I am going to post something tommorow because uuummm.... I am very much slacking.
Original post by nyxnko_
No worries :redface:
Cool, I'm on AQA chem too :gah:
Hope you've been doing well :hugs:
Reply 11
Hellooo! Its me again

I haven't posted since the first post because I have honestly been so busy with work and life.

Since my last post I got my Geography Coursework Grade (unmodified so it could change after modification), I had my Mocks and I have started properly revising for my exams.

Let's talk about MOCKS
To start with I'll briefly talk about my Year 12 Mocks;
-Geography E
-Biology A (but I knew the answers because they used a paper we all had access to so realistically, I would have got a C)
-Chemistry E
So as you can see I did pretty bad based on my goals.
Due to my poor performance in Year 12 Mocks, my school was very reluctant to predict me three As but with a lot of hassle I managed to get my Predicted grades of BBB moved up to AAA.

In Year 13 Mocks I got;
-Geography A* (I ended up getting an A in my coursework which brought my overall grade down to an A which I can handle)
-Biology B (but I was a few marks off an A which I could have easily have got if I did not miss out the last two long answer questions at the back of the 2018 Paper 1)
-Chemistry D (but I literally didn't revise that much and the couple of topics I did revise, I got 100% on all the questions proving I can do well, I just need consistency).

All in all, I was pleased (ish) with my Mock grades and if I start working hard from now on, I am certain that I can achieve (or scrape:colondollar:) A*AA.
I will post maybe next month a blog post on how to achieve I strong grade in Geography coursework as there was literally nothing vaguely helpful online which definitely made things harder.

Hope you are all making the progress you want be making and I promise that I will definitely start writing once a week (hopefully every Monday):redface:
Reply 12
Hi again!

I am currently at school (I am having a revision break) so I decided to do a quick update.

I feel like currently, I am on top of my work but it is literally only Tuesday so everything could change by Wednesday (lol):cool:

Anyways, yeah I am quite tired and all but no more tired than I usually am. I am making sure that I get to school early (like an hour before school starts). I found this has really helped me out. If I am behind on homework, the early mornings really help me get back up quickly with little stress and I live about 30 minutes away from school so it's not like I am getting no sleep.

I am currently doing gene expression and some other genetics topic in biology, In chemistry I have just finished Analysis and am in the middle-end of Transition metals and in Geography, I am coming to end of most things so hopefully by Easter will mainly be revision and recap of topics we all did bad in.
Reply 13
HEY! QuIcK UpDaTe !!!!!!!
I have been working on getting on top of everything at school as it is very obvious that everything is going to be quite a tight squeeze but I am managing. The main thing is ensuring I get enough rest and that the new stuff that I am learning stays in my head. I have applied for accommodation at university and will explain the process more at a later date. I will post a proper post later this week!xxx
Reply 14
20190319_184554-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Hey!!!
Our teachers sprung up a Chemistry Paper 3 Mock for next week and honestly.... STresS!!!!
I delayed revising for this test for some day and have decided today that I need to do something at least but honestly if any of you have tips on how to revise for paper 3 (AQA ALevel) thatt would be very much appreciated!!! 👌🏾🤮🤯🤮🤯🤮🤯
Reply 15
HEYYYYYYA! :shakehand::shakehand::shakehand::shakehand::shakehand::shakehand::shakehand::shakehand:

I hope you are doing well! I am honestly so stressed and tired and literally cannot wait until the EaStEr HoLiDaYs!!!!:perv:

Period 1: Geography
Today was pretty standard to be honest with you. We were just covering stuff to do with National identity and The US in the Migration, Identity and sovereignty part of the Geography spec.

Period 2: STUDY!!!!
Last week I did my Geography homework wrong so I originally said that I would do it properly but as you can guess... I didn't, so I decided to get it out the way as well as do some cover work for another geography teacher that I had not yet done.

You will come to learn that I get given a ridiculous amount of Geography work and sometimes, I leave it all to just build up and then I am stuck for a whole day just making sure I catch up and write all my note. Not gonna lie though, Geography the easiest so long as you properly manage your time and make sure you understand the key concepts (I mean it's easier to me, remembering the fact I also do Biology and Chemistry).

Period 3: Chemistry
Just did a required practical

Period 4: Biology
Again a pretty standard lesson. Just did stuff about stabilizing, directional and disruptive natural selection. I feel like this year I just GET Biology a lot more. This is probably because I am spending less time making notes which in hindsight weren't remotely as helpful as I originally thought.

Period 5: STUDY LEAVE!!!!!
We haven't left for study leave for our exams because at my school, we haven't finished the spec and study leave actually starts the week of my first exam (aararrggghh!!!). When I say I have study leave it just means I have a study (you may call them 'frees') where you can go home if you like.

Today I am staying at school until about 6.30 (or until my phone is on 15%) to catch up on Geography and revise for a Chemistry Paper 3 mock that I have tomorrow!!!:crazy: So it is important that I just stay at school and do as much work as I can.
I find that getting rest especially around this time period is so hard to fit in. I'd usually get AT LEAST 7 hours of sleep however now, I am lucky to get 6 hours and that 6 hours of sleep. I have been living off tea and peanut butter and jam sandwiches (I may soon progress to the consumption of coffee, lol).

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending