The Student Room Group

What do you desire in life?

Be it a specific career, a fulfilling relationship, financial security, comment down below what it is you most desire in life, the desire that tops all.

Scroll to see replies

A guinea pig sanctuary and a girlfriend
Contentment
Read this as confinement :colondollar:
Original post by Mactotaur

[url=]
Money 💰
Original post by CoolCavy
Read this as confinement :colondollar:

:rofl:
Reply 8
सुख
living a life worthy of making it into jannah (paradise)
Being able to put a smile on someone’s face.
Original post by gr8wizard10
living a life worthy of making it into jannah (paradise)

That’s cool, if you don’t mind me asking, why do you believe in Heaven.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
That’s cool, if you don’t mind me asking, why do you believe in Heaven.

i am a muslim, raised upon islamic doctrine which i find comfort in believing
Original post by gr8wizard10
i am a muslim, raised upon islamic doctrine which i find comfort in believing

Yes I know you’re a Muslim and you’ve been raised to believe it’s many beliefs, my question is why do you believe in them, based on what reasoning, I’m talking specifically about the Quran here.
to have fulfilling friendships and relationships- nothing better than really just clicking with certain people. ideally just to have an economically stable future doing something i love.
Career Wise: I desire to be able to help people in meaningful ways. To make a difference.

Ultimately though, to live a life of virtue and be worthy enough to die upon Islam.
A lot of people will say 'happiness' is their end goal but what does that really mean? You can't desire happiness since it's fleeting. What people really desire is contentment and tranquillity within their hearts which can only come about by knowing why we have been created and put on this Planet we call Earth.
Reply 17
Original post by FailedMyMocks
A lot of people will say 'happiness' is their end goal but what does that really mean? You can't desire happiness since it's fleeting. What people really desire is contentment and tranquillity within their hearts which can only come about by knowing why we have been created and put on this Planet we call Earth.

How do you know that happiness is fleeting? It is a synonym of contentment, after all.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Yes I know you’re a Muslim and you’ve been raised to believe it’s many beliefs, my question is why do you believe in them, based on what reasoning, I’m talking specifically about the Quran here.

my reasoning is that i find comfort in it. :smile:
To die.

Quick Reply

Latest