The Student Room Group

Lancaster or Sheffield

I got offer from Lancaster uni to study Bsc Finance and Economics,and from uni of Sheffield to study BA Business Management and Economics . Which uni is better in terms of graduate prospect for International students?
Reply 1
Original post by Faizan Sultan
I got offer from Lancaster uni to study Bsc Finance and Economics,and from uni of Sheffield to study BA Business Management and Economics . Which uni is better in terms of graduate prospect for International students?

When you say 'graduate prospects for international students' what do you mean? Opportunities for work in the UK? In your home country? If the latter its best to ask people there who know the local jobs market and how employers recruit.
Original post by Faizan Sultan

Hi @Faizan Sultan,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study at Lancaster University, that is fantastic news and you have done really well! I am a current student at Lancaster University studying Marketing Management so I am based in the Management School as you would be if you choose to come to Lancaster to study BSc Finance and Economics.

Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) is a highly reputable management school that is quadruple-accredited and has a fantastic careers department within LUMS helping you to achieve those all important graduate jobs. As you are a student at Lancaster University, you also get to take advantage of the amazing support from the central careers team too where you can also conveniently book rooms to conduct your interviews in.

Overall, Lancaster University is ranked in the UK Top 3 for graduate prospects by the Times and Sunday Times evidencing where students go on to. The amount of companies I have met at careers fairs, mock interviews and assessment centers, presentations, skills sessions is endless and the careers service and employability was one element that led me to choose to study at Lancaster University as well as the fantastic location, college system, award winning accommodation, course content, established Management School, international community and facilities - check out the new cutting edge facilities coming to LUMS in 2020!

I hope this has given you an insight and explained some of the reasons why I chose to study at LUMS.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Rebecca
2nd Year Marketing Management Student & LUMS Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending