The Student Room Group

Longest Car Journey you have driven?

The furthest I have driven is from Rochdale to Birmingham about 3 years ago.
It was 2/2.5 hours and it was when I used to have tuition and my family got stuck in traffic when coming back
Reply 2
Original post by FemaleinDress
The furthest I have driven is from Rochdale to Birmingham about 3 years ago.

North East to London for work.
Reply 3
The longest I've done in a day is Swansea-Brighton-Swansea with some extra messing around picking up and dropping off passengers. All in about 500 miles and 9 hours of driving.

Other than that I used to drive for a living and was averaging about 400 miles a week usually.
from Croatia to Poland, took almost 10 hours driving time
personally, nothing, dont drive....

road trip from London to Rome, stopping off a lot on the way there :smile:
Around 4 hours with breaks.
Florida to California. It took 8 days, with a day spent in Yosemite. The longest day was Houston to El Paso, just short of 800 miles in 11 hours.
From home in south derbyshire to mablethorpe as my brownies group had gone for a weekend away.
Reply 9
Rotterdam to Hova in Sweden and also Ijmuiden to Hova in Sweden (and return trips), both are circa 850 miles. Have done it twice with its return trip as a single journey with a start at circa 9.00 .am. getting away from the ferry port and finishing at 3 to 6 am the following day, but nowadays break it with a hotel stopover as even with breaks every 2-3 hours it is far too long to drive (there are two of us so we can swap but I tend to do the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark section and my other half does from after Malmo up to Hova.
SScotland but dad drove and Brum but I drove
Reply 11
Barnsley->Sheffield-> Barnsley -> Blackpool -> Barnsley -> Leeds in pretty much one circle.

Don't ask why
London to Cornwall and back in a day.
Original post by Nuffles
The longest I've done in a day is Swansea-Brighton-Swansea with some extra messing around picking up and dropping off passengers. All in about 500 miles and 9 hours of driving.

Other than that I used to drive for a living and was averaging about 400 miles a week usually.

I've had that joy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43094255

I meant misery :frown: At least my helpful Google Assistant diverted me from a gridlock traffic jam on the way!

Jamie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending