The Student Room Group

2018-19 UEFA Champions League Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Also Man City eliminated by Schalke 04?
Original post by Tolgarda
I see this UCL as the revolution of the underdogs! It was my birthday yesterday, and the best present that I received was from the UCL with the Ajax and United results. All that we need to complete the set are the eliminations of Juventus, Barcelona and Bayern. Sorry, but I'm just such a sucker for a good underdog story!

The same goes for me, it is so difficult that underdogs defeat overwhelming big favorites since money is more important and rules in football than ever before. Don't forget to mention Manchester City.

Ajax or Porto in the final would be great, the victory even better.
Original post by Kallisto
The same goes for me, it is so difficult that underdogs defeat overwhelming big favorites since money is more important and rules in football than ever before. Don't forget to mention Manchester City.

Ajax or Porto in the final would be great, the victory even better.

I agree so much. I left Man City out because I'm mostly out here for a good representation of English clubs in Europe, but I would not be upset if they were eliminated at the expense of a team trying to salvage their season.

Ajax or Porto in the final would be heaven. Honestly, what an amazing season this would be should such a thing actually happen. Unfortunately, I still think that it may be too much of a stretch. We'll jus have to see.
Original post by Tolgarda
I agree so much. I left Man City out because I'm mostly out here for a good representation of English clubs in Europe, but I would not be upset if they were eliminated at the expense of a team trying to salvage their season.
(...)

Just because you are English, that is not reason not being against an English football club. In this sense I have to be for Bayern as I am a German. :rolleyes:
Original post by Kallisto
Just because you are English, that is not reason not being against an English football club. In this sense I have to be for Bayern as I am a German. :rolleyes:

Yes, but I am more a neutral here. I have no real affiliation with a Premier League club, much or less one in the CL. I am just rooting for the English teams to represented well on the European stage. I am not too concerned about City though.

Although according to Atleti's Koke, I should be: https://i.redd.it/jxko2vu1jpk21.jpg
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 8013
Also Man City eliminated by Schalke 04?

The cherry on the cake, if another football club with a great fortune is out in round of last 16. That would make my day.
Reply 86
A prediction (7-a-side) match for Man City vs Schalke 04 (2nd leg) was held between 11:45 and 12:30 (BST +7). The 7 stronger players played as Man City and the other 7 played as Schalke 04. The match ended on a 12-12 aggregate score, and Schalke will advance on away goals according to this prediction.
I don't see any more shocks this round tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if Juventus found a way to get past Atletico either..
Reply 88
Original post by 8013
A prediction (7-a-side) match for Man City vs Schalke 04 (2nd leg) was held between 11:45 and 12:30 (BST +7). The 7 stronger players played as Man City and the other 7 played as Schalke 04. The match ended on a 12-12 aggregate score, and Schalke will advance on away goals according to this prediction.

What is this shite :lolwut:
Reply 89
Can’t decide which game to watch :beard:
Reply 90
Original post by Mess.
Can’t decide which game to watch :beard:

Easily Juve-Atleti
Reply 91
Juventus with what felt like a fair goal ruled out for a foul on Oblak.
Reply 92
Original post by S.G.
Juventus with what felt like a fair goal ruled out for a foul on Oblak.

I agree, dunno how that's a foul.
Reply 93
Man, Ronaldo is everywhere.
Reply 94
Atletico have done nothing so far and could've lost their two goals already.
Original post by chigyy
I agree, dunno how that's a foul.

It's down to interpretation of the rules I think.

Oblak has 2 hands on it and is comfortably bringing it to ground when Ronaldo kicks it out of his hands. I think it's a foul, but a soft one.

That said, Juventus have come into this at an incredible pace, blowing Atleti away at the moment.
Reply 96
Original post by S.G.
Atletico have done nothing so far and could've lost their two goals already.

Yeh, they've done this all wrong. You HAVE to go for that away goal then start defending. 1 goal and Juve would've needed 4.
Reply 97
Man City's robots in another dead game.
Reply 98
WOW.

I know that went in, but some reflexes there.
Reply 99
Has there ever been a guy as clutch as this?

Set up beautifully now.

Quick Reply

Latest